Author Topic: Cupboard love  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Cupboard love
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 18:05:52 PM »
Molly complains at whoever is looking after her when i go away. mind you, she does like to sleep under the duvet with me at night.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 17:37:40 PM »
At times like that, Susanne, I always console myself with the thought that Blip loves me in her fashion  :Luv:

On a serious note, I am quite convinced that cats feel love in the way that we would understand the word.  If we go away, Blip has company, is fed and watered, cuddled, entertained...  She also has access to her beloved garden in the normal way.  But it is not being anthropomorphic to remark that she is thrilled to see us when we return.  That counts as love for me  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 17:07:52 PM »
I am sure they love you just as much as their applaws so don't worry :hug: :hug:

I don't know about that.  I dont think I can compete with a tin of Applaws chicky cheese!  ;D

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 11:59:20 AM »
Susanne just accept it your a cat slave,nothing else :evillaugh:  I am sure they love you just as much as their applaws so don't worry :hug: :hug:

Maybe your dream was a sign for you to have a 3rd cat :shify: :shify: :shify: :shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Cupboard love
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
I like to convince myself that my boys love me and enjoy our little sunday lie ins as much as I do, but some mornings I have to admit that it's not me that's the attraction.  I got up and fed them about 7.45am and then went back to bed.  Normally Jaffa would come back to bed with me and snuggle up to me, but this morning I put the heater on in the living room because it was a bit cold out there.  Neither of them ventured as far as the bedroom and preferred to lie in front of the heater instead.  I didn't get up until 10.30am, but they spent all that time sprawled out in front of the heater in the other room and completely ignored me. Guess I can't compete with a heater!  With a full tummy and a source of heat, I might as well not exist!  :shify:  S'pose it's good to keep the slave humble.

I did have a very odd dream when I went back to bed though.  Dreamt I was at my mum's (ex) house with Jaffa and Magpie (Jaffa's brother who went to rainbow bridge over 2 years ago and has never been to my mum's house) when a very skinny, stray cat wandered in.  Jaffa and Magpie didn't seem bothered so I was planning to bring him back home with me when I returned if I couldn't locate an owner.  I got as far as taking him to a local vets to check for a chip when I woke up!

Link to CatChat