Author Topic: When that awful day comes  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: When that awful day comes
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 19:17:57 PM »
It does not break forum policy  :hug:

I believe we should all be prepared.  In the midst of life...

For example, I have had a will for many years and I keep it up-to-date.  Poeple should consider this too.  It isnt morbid, it is sensible and practical; then you can rest easy you have done what you can to provide for your loved ones in the event of tragedy.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »
The place where our vets send the pets ( not the same one we used ) is apparently also good, our vet said that she knew the right ashes came back because she'd seen appliances that had been fitted in the um, ashes. ( Sorry to be so frank ).
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »
MDH are the same, if you want to be there you can.  They have a lovely chapel of rest too and will deliver the ashes to your home if you can't get there.  I am sorry if I broke forum policy but like you say it is something that needs to be considered and you want to feel comforted and cared for.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 11:49:19 AM »
Even if this does break forum policy it's good to know, I'm sure people worry about ' what happens '.
I've only had one cat cremated ( rest buried ) but the place where we took ours allowed us ( well my hubbie ) to be very ' hands on ' during the process. While not everyones cup of tea so to speak, it really helped us.
This was in Yorkshire a couple of years back, if anyone wants to know which place it was, pm me.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
When that awful day comes
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »
When that awful day comes and your pet has to cross to Rainbow Bridge you may not be aware (those of you in the Manchester area) that Manchester Dogs Home have a pet crem.  It is called Farewells and details can be find on their website.  As I work at the Home helping out I am familiar with the crem staff and can tell  you that they handle the whole thing in a very caring manner.  Nothing is too much trouble for them to help you at this time.  Unlike crem's that are businesses all money raised goes towards helping the dogs in their care.  Dragan was done there and I have previously had two other crem's do my pets.  I can truthfully say that the MDH were the kindest.  Hope it's ok to post this on here but unfortunately it is something we all have to deal with eventually.

Link to CatChat