Author Topic: Poor BSH's at the vet this morning  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Poor BSH's at the vet this morning
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 17:06:47 PM »
do you know how angie?

i know there is breeder of them about 10mins drive away but i am sure she sellsem for more than that.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Poor BSH's at the vet this morning
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:18:52 AM »
Ahh, how sad - still at least he was doing the right thing and having them speyed at the same time as the c-sections - two less cats to produce kittens and two lovely girls now looking for a home I guess ...

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Poor BSH's at the vet this morning
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »
Has to take puss down for a follow up visit (think he's had a touch of bronchitis) and jab and was talking to a chap in there who had a beautiful blue/creme BSH with him.
He was in there with 2 females - his wife shows/breeds and was at a show this morning and he was left minding the cats. The other female had given birth to 3 stillborns when he went to sort them out at 6 this morning and she was in the consultation room being scanned. Vet says she's a bit smelly so she will ned a c-section to remove the others. The one that I saw had been booked in for a c-section on monday anyhow as she 'had problems' birthing, but was kept in today as well. The receptionists were panicing about having enough staff to cover all the appointments and do 2 ops.
The chap and I were chatting about things and talking about breeding and breeders and he was saying while they sell theirs for £350 (champion sires and queens, best breeder award from someone) they could be bought for £120 in Wales, (though we know how).
He reckoned the 2 c-sections would set him back about £1500 today.  :shocked:

Anyway, poor cats, fingers crossed all goes well for them today and the remaining kittens, the BSH I saw was a right beauty and very friendly.

Link to CatChat