Author Topic: Alcohol hand gel  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Alcohol hand gel
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »
I was reading up and it said its the best way of disinfecting hands.
They say that antibacterial handwash only kills some bacteria and the ones that don't die can mutate  :scared:

Basically, they say if your hands are visibly dirty, use soap & water but for killing germs, alcohol gel is best.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Alcohol hand gel
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »
That's a hell of a bargain Mark - I love Wilkinsons.  Well spotted.  It's good that we can all pass on the bargains we see to each other.  Every penny saved means we can spend it on something else for our little darlings.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Alcohol hand gel
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:10:22 AM »
Hopefully this works as well as they say - I know they use it in hospitals.

I have been buying the carex one but the bottles are tiny. I got a great big bottle in Wilkinsons recently for 99p - it's about the size of a bottle of shampoo. Great for disinfecting hands after trays - also I use it for after Willow has been chewing my hands which is often. Also with the big bottle, one pump is enough. Maybe a good idea for catteries, rescues etc?

Just checked, it's called pure-clens - it's 237ml for 99p
They also do a 100ml one for 69p

The branded ones like carex are £1.30 for 50ml.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:18:01 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat