Author Topic: James – about 2006 to 2 June 2023  (Read 2098 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: James – about 2006 to 2 June 2023
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 20:38:23 PM »
Only just seen this Francis and so sorry to read the news.

He had such a wonderful home with you and I know he will leave a gap.

James always seemed such a laid back boy and it is wonderful how much the acupuncture helped him in later life.

Thinking of you all :hug:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 17:03:33 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Play well at the bridge James x
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 09:01:22 AM »
Frances, I am so sorry that your lovely boy had to leave you. He clearly had a wonderful life and you shared so much love together.

RIP James, play hard at the Bridge.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 05:04:56 AM »
Frances, I'm so sorry to hear James has passed on, to see our beloved Aunty T.   I vividly remember his "hiding up high" days.   Bless you both xxx   :hug:

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 08:49:50 AM »
so sorry Frances, I remember you having him come to live with you, wasn't there are very cute picture of them in a fruit bowl :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 12:10:01 PM »
Oh Frances I'm so so sorry for you loss.  One of hardest decisions we have to make and the pain of loss never really goes away, just eases over time  :hug:

James certainly had the most wonderful life with you and there is no doubt he clearly loved every minute of it.

RIP James, play hard at the Bridge there will be many friend there for you  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 19:58:59 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this Frances, RIP James
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 17:49:18 PM »
So sorry for the loss of your darling boy, I remember them coming from the fabulous Aunty T, her knees are full x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
James – about 2006 to 2 June 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 13:32:08 PM »
My beautiful, quirky, determined and very best boy James was gently pts on 2 June. 

He came to me in 2010 from Paws Inn; Teresa had taken him in after he was injured in a RTA and was unclaimed.  She squeezed him in by pairing him with Christopher and the two of them were a perfect fit for me.

James’s inquisitiveness was boundless.  On his first full day with me he disappeared, only to reappear hours later from under the kitchen cabinets via a gap I didn’t know existed  Once that was blocked up he took to hiding on top of the wall cabinets, emitting “I am watching you” vibes.  After I cat-proofed the back garden he inspected the perimeter taking notes and the next thing I saw was him strolling through next door’s garden.  Houdini-cat had found the only place where there was a weakness.

He wasn’t exactly thrilled when Eleanor arrived in 2013, although they did come to an accommodation, particularly around her hunting efforts when he would steal her prey so that he could wear a vole moustache.  When George turned up in 2020, he just shrugged.

The after-effects of his RTA included damage to his right eye and arthritis in his joints.  He refused oral Metacam so I tried him with acupuncture which he accepted without a murmur.  He developed digestive problems and was on long term steroid injections – the vet agreed pilling really was not an option after he bit her. 

In May 2022 he was found to have a large corneal ulcer in his left eye which was removed.  Given the minimal vision in his right eye he became effectively blind although he would still follow my voice.

Over the last couple of years James had become increasingly creaky from his arthritis and then started to lose weight.  His vet and I agreed that although his world had shrunk, he still had quality of life and was “himself” and that he would let us know when he had had enough.  I found him collapsed in the garden, in the sunshine, and knew it was time for his final journey.

"You do not understand." The angel tried one more time. "They are so dependent on you that even the most well-made of them is not designed to outlive you. You are destined to suffer their loss."
The Loving Ones looked at the sweetness in their arms and nodded. "That‘s how it should be. It is a fair trade for the love they offer."
The angel just watched them all go, shaking his head. "You have chosen Tears," he whispered.

Link to CatChat