Author Topic: Mopi the Cat  (Read 6413 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Mopi the Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 23:07:09 PM »
AW THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR DEAR BOY :hug:

YOU TOOK THE RIGHT DECISION ALTHOUGH VERY HARD I KNOW :hug:

Offline mopi

• Kitten
  • Slave to: mopi (now deceased)
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 21:48:15 PM »
Play hard on The Bridge Mopi. Such a gorgeous boy and a wonderful photo Joe.

I am sorry that you had to find us like this, but you have found people that understand how much you are grieving. :care: :care: :care: You did exactly the right thing by him, letting him pass with dignity.

Take care, we are always here.

Paula. xxx

thanks Paula :hug:

i hope to contribute to the forum. I find being around fellow cat lovers comforting

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:36 AM »
Play hard on The Bridge Mopi. Such a gorgeous boy and a wonderful photo Joe.

I am sorry that you had to find us like this, but you have found people that understand how much you are grieving. :care: :care: :care: You did exactly the right thing by him, letting him pass with dignity.

Take care, we are always here.

Paula. xxx
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 16:54:10 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss. He was beautiful. He will always be with you in your heart.
Don't feel bad for getting him the medical care he needed. It was a decision made from love and was always the right one.
Run free at the bridge Mopi xx
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:49:50 AM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »
Hello Joe

Welcome to Purrs.  Am so sorry you found us under such sad circumstances.  Mopi is a stunning boy.  What a sweet face.

We all understand what you're going through, losing a much loved friend, and you're in good company.  Don't beat yourself up over having taken him to the vet.  The nature of his illness would mean he would lose ground rapidly.  To get him to 16 is no mean feat, and shows how much you love and cared for him.   :hug: :hug:

Rest in peace at rainbow bridge, sweet baby boy.

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 16:50:58 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs. I am sorry you have come to us in such unhappy circumstances  :'(

RIP handsome boy. Play hard at the bridge.

:candle:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 16:52:12 PM by Lyn (Slugsta) »

Offline mopi

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss and now exactly how you're feeling at the moment  :hug: :hug:

Mopi was a stunningly beautiful boy.  RIP darling angel  :'(

It's coming up to a year since we lost our beautiful Boris to the same thing brought on by heart disease.  He never reached his 6th birthday. 

There's no guilt in this situation.  Life can be so cruel.  You gave him a long life during which he was much treasured.  The good memories will come but you will feel empty and miserable for now.  Be kind to yourself  :hug: :hug:

thanks for that Rosella  :hug:

it's going to take time to get over his loss that's for sure.

Some day we'll meet again I'm sure. He'll be waiting for me when my time to pass comes

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:14:57 AM »

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss and now exactly how you're feeling at the moment  :hug: :hug:

Mopi was a stunningly beautiful boy.  RIP darling angel  :'(

It's coming up to a year since we lost our beautiful Boris to the same thing brought on by heart disease.  He never reached his 6th birthday. 

There's no guilt in this situation.  Life can be so cruel.  You gave him a long life during which he was much treasured.  The good memories will come but you will feel empty and miserable for now.  Be kind to yourself  :hug: :hug:

Offline mopi

• Kitten
Mopi the Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 07:40:06 AM »
Hi all

My first post on this forum is a sad one unfortunately  :'(

My cat, Mopi a neutered male who I got from a RSPCA shelter home in spring '04 was put to sleep at the vets yesterday.. He was nearly 16

After being diagnosed with congestive heart failure after his stay at the Pet hospital earlier in the week, he never returned to his old self when he came home.
He stopped purring, grooming or responding to people. Just wanted to be left alone on the sofa

He didn't eat for 5 days and by Saturday morning could barely walk.

The change in his behaviour from when he was handed to the vets on Monday and when he returned on Wednesday was stark !
I feel really guilty that by sending him for an overnight stay at the Pet hospital, it left him traumatized
I didn't want him to suffer

He was a lovely cat who lived a happy, long life, and will be dearly missed

I buried him in his favourite spot in the garden

Very upsetting time  :(

Link to CatChat