Author Topic: Jake - 3 years  (Read 15045 times)

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bruno
Re: Jake
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »
What a sweetheart he was.

I too know how it feels, and my heart goes out to you.

There is some comfort in the fact that enjoyed his last summer and that the time was right and that he was healthy and happy to almost the very last moments and the end was peaceful for him, held in your arms.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
So sorry,we're all thinking of you,and know how it feels.He looks a little love.x :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:10:41 AM »

Oh treasure.  I'm so sorry.  I really feel for you, losing Jake like that.  :hug: :hug:  I know how much it hurts.

Safe journeying, Jake.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Jake - 3 years
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:54:32 AM »
Last night I had to have my beloved boy Jake put to sleep.
I’m absolutely devastated, can’t stop crying, but it was time. He just went to sleep in my arms.

He fought such a brave battle in the last 6 months, between hyperthyroidism, chronic renal failure and even bouncing back from having a cancer tumour removed. But despite all that he had a wonderful summer prowling the garden in the sunshine.

In the end, we just couldn’t keep the kidney failure at bay any longer. He was healthy and happy until he suddenly crashed last week, but he came home after 2 days on a drip and spent the week purring, stealing my pillow at night, eating all his favourite foods and getting constant love and attention. We did everything we could to try and keep him with us.

Sadly, yesterday he just stopped eating again and I could see by looking at him that he’d had enough.

No more meds, no more being cooped up indoors away from his favourite stomping ground, no more vet visits, no more renal food when all he wanted was prawns.

My brave wee soldier gone to the bridge.

He was my constant companion for 14 years and I can’t imagine my life without him. But the best thing I could do for my baby was to let him go.

The photo of him on my pillow was the day after he'd had a sarcoma removed from his spine in June. The other photo was taken just a few weeks ago and was his classic 'rub my tummy mummy' pose

Night Night Jake. My number 1 Baba forever.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:13:06 AM by Nicola (RockysMum) »

Link to CatChat