Author Topic: Rocky - Still missed  (Read 43073 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Rocky - a poem for my boy - has it really been 8 weeks!!?
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2009, 21:47:19 PM »
perhaps it was his spirit you sensed in the garden, keeping you company :hug:

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 21:38:35 PM »
Thought about you all day today button lamb. Really missed you when i was out in the garden in the sun and kept picturing you stretched out sunning yourself beside me. Miss you so terribly

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 15:38:26 PM »
Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to read my posts and my poem. I realised today that it will be 8 weeks on Saturday since Rocky was put to sleep. I can't believe it and it still feels so raw. I was in London with my mum for the bank holiday weekend and it was really hard coming home to only 2 cats instead of 3. I'm having a bad day today. Really missing him. It's the strangest feeling because sometimes when i think about it, it hits me out of the blue that he's never coming back again and it's like I've only just realised he's gone. i still can't quite believe this has happened. It's almost like i expect someone to tell me it was all a big mistake and bring him home to me. I just feel so upset still and sometimes I get so angry that he was taken so suddenly and when he was still so young. I just wish I could think of him without getting upset!!
I hate feeling like this. It's torture.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Rocky - a poem for my boy
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 22:24:20 PM »
What a beautiful p :hug:oem , straight from the heart and so moving it had me in tears
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
Sorry, I started to read it then began to well up  :(
I'll try again later  :shy:
 :grouphug:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:19:45 AM by Stuart (Dad to Bridgebabes Hamish & Misty) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 21:00:34 PM »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 15:59:08 PM »
Lovely poem  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 15:58:11 PM »
Aww come here!  :care: :Luv: :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 15:54:45 PM »
I'm no poet but I wrote this 2 days after my boy was pts. i was struggling in work and rather than do the million other things i should've been doing i wrote this. Thought it was time to put it on here

Rocky
You left me just so suddenly
There’s a gap now in my heart
But I’ll cherish precious memories
So we’ll never be apart

You brought such perfect, honest love
So much joy every day
And I will miss you constantly
Your purrs, your hugs, your play

My lap now feels so empty
No furry head to pat
No winding love around me
My boy, my friend, my cat

I see you still around me
From the corner of my eye
And as I realise you’re not there
I struggle not to cry

I miss so much about you
And others just can’t see
How such a tiny animal
Could give so much to me

So now I want to thank you
In many different ways
For all the love and happiness
We shared along the way

Through my best times and my worst times
You kept me feeling strong
while I know I had to let you go
Being without you feels so wrong

I never will forget you
My devoted, precious friend
I’ll carry you within my heart
Until the very end

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: Rocky - just want to say...
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
Its been nearly 5 years since I lost my little girl and I have lots of hate and uncertain feelings over that time, it was a very hard time for me without loosing her, when I lost her it was the final nail for me. I somehow feel responsible for her loss and will never forgive myself for that  :(

It only gets easier over time, it never goes away. I have to blank things out when I think about her now  :( When I think of her I have to remember the little star she was  :Luv2:

Things will get easier, but you have to allow yourself to grieve  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 00:16:22 AM »
I understand so much about not having clear memories of Rocky and I am afraid mine have dimmed over the last 4 years and have a picture of Kocka infront of me by the puta and I find it hard to dee her any other way  :(

Time is a partial healer and it does get easier but never goes away I think  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 22:39:51 PM »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 19:03:21 PM »
Thanks so much to all of you on here. It's amazing how much it's helping to know there are people who understand and take the time to send kind thoughts. I'm still a bit up and down at the moment and regularly have teary moments when I think about my boy. We drove past the emergency vet i had to take him to the other night and it hit me like a ton of bricks, horrible.

It will be six weeks tomorrow and I miss him terribly every single day but i know it'll get a bit less painful with the more time that passes...i hope. At the same time though, i hate the thought of my memories not being as clear as time goes on. I can still picture him so clearly and often think i see him from the corner of my eye sometimes. I don't want to lose that...does that make sense?

Thank you again to everyone for your lovely messages and support. You really are a great bunch - but of course you are - aren't all cat lovers?!

Nic xx

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
Re: Rocky - can't believe it's been 4 weeks
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 19:55:19 PM »
You'll never stop thinking about him, the difference is that as time goes on you will smile when you think of him rather than feeling sad  :hug:

here here Tiggy's mum
Its nearly 3 years since i lost my beautiful boy Smudge
And i'm in tears now thinking bout him
So sending  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you Rocky's mum and it does get easier and you are definately NOT silly
We are all here and u can rant all you like xxxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »
You'll never stop thinking about him, the difference is that as time goes on you will smile when you think of him rather than feeling sad  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 01:12:36 AM »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 00:49:38 AM »
Beautiful Photo
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 00:36:51 AM »
It's been 4 weeks and i still think about Rocky all the time. Found a photo on my camera that i had forgotten I'd taken. Miss you Button Lamb xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Rocky - I'm having a bad day today
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009, 09:55:01 AM »
 :'( awww, you're not silly I'm just the same thinking about my Schui and keep having a cry so I understand  :hug: :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009, 08:39:16 AM »
Aww :care: :care:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 06:08:05 AM »
Aw Rocky's Mum... :care:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 15:19:06 PM »
They ain't Silly

I think you need lots of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

And If you need to talk  :shy:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 15:20:19 PM by Stuart (Dad to Bridgebabes Hamish & Misty) »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 14:49:42 PM »
Its now been almost 3 weeks since my wee guy had to be put to sleep and i've been getting on with things -missing him terribly every single day - but getting on with things all the same. the past few days though, i've been really upset again every time i think about him.

When i go to bed at night i find it especially hard as there are no distractions for me, so i lie there thinking about him and feeling totally awful that he's gone.

Its still so hard and i still can't believe he was taken from me after only 9 years and all the things he survived.

I want to put a few things down here as a tribute to him. They are a little silly but they are just some of the little things I miss about him and never want to forget;

Rocky :Luv:

I will remember the last bubble bath i took when you insisted on balancing on the edge of the bath beside me and sneezing at the bubbles i piled on your head.
I will remember that little tuft of hair that stuck up in the middle of your back, no matter how many times I tried to smooth it down
I will remember your frantic little pushy paw routine and how you would be so happy to see me or have me petting you that you would actually drool.
I will remember how you would lie on my chest and stare at me, purring, till you fell asleep.
I will remember telling you ‘wash your paws’ when you would try to climb on my lap when covered in mud and how you would do just that before settling on my lap
I will remember how you would do that crazy twitching thing with your whole body when you played, jumping around frantically in your excitement.
I will remember how I called you superman when you would fall asleep with both legs stretched out straight in front of you and hanging out of your little bed.
I will remember you sitting on the tv unit at the window, knocking down photos and moving ornaments so you had room, then watching me leave and always being back just in time for me coming home.
I will remember your antics with catnip, drooling and flattening yourself to rub your whole little body on it.
I will remember how you would come racing along the street to my car sometimes when I got home from somewhere. Chatting away to me as you headed for the door by my side.
I remember how you would match me step for step as I walked up or down stairs, looking up at me the whole time.
I will remember how much you absolutely adored getting into our bed and your crazy antics when I gave in and let you in there.
I will remember you rolling around on top of the fridge no matter how hard we tried to keep you off it.
I will remember you sneaking in to sleep in the spare room wardrobe and ending up locked in, even on the day of my wedding.
I will remember how i was always turning your cat bed upside down for you so you could hide underneath, when you demanded I do so after trying to do it yourself.
I will remember dragging  long blades of grass around in a circle so you could chase them until you were dizzy.
I will remember how much comfort and happiness it gave me to have you purring on my lap.
I will remember how you used to pin your brother down and insist on washing his face and ears.

I will never ever forget how strong you were. How funny you were. How utterly happy you were, even when sick or hurt. How completely devoted to me you were. So devoted that you dragged yourself home with 2 broken hips just to be with me. What a survivor you were.
I miss you so terribly and it hurts so badly not having you in my life. I loved you more than I can describe and I always will. My wee button lamb. My Rockster Boxter, my little ASBO, my Rocky-By. My baby boy.

I miss you xxx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Rocky - photos of my boy x
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 03:37:47 AM »
What a handsome boy!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 00:19:02 AM »
What a gorgeous Boy.

RIP sweet Rocky. :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 23:52:48 PM »
God bless little one xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 20:49:30 PM »
 :hug: awww Rocky what a sweet boy he looks and so dearly loved by you xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 19:31:08 PM »
What a beautiful boy  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 18:27:24 PM »
Ive been following this thread altho i havent posted before and i send all my sympathies to you and and altho i know its very hard try to think of all the happy memories you have of Rocky,he looks a beautiful boy and i really do feel for you,we have all lost furbabes on here and we all feel for each other so your not alone and we are always here for you, and in time the pain will fade :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
Re: Seriously struggling with the loss of my wee guy
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 17:48:26 PM »
Some pics of my rocky....hope this works!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »
I lost my lovely Algie on the road nearly four years ago and still miss him  - its quite normal

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »
Does anyone else still find it hard to accept that their little one is gone? I think part of me is still in denial as I can't quite get me head round the fact that rocky won't be coming back. It makes it harder because every now and then it hits me that he's gone completely and i feel so awful. I'm going to buy some new toys for my other two boys and spend some time playing with them and spoiling them in the hope that it will lift my spirits a bit.

Nic xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 20:03:34 PM »
Thanks JaneyK and Rosella. Hearing about your experiences has really helped. I've been worrying about being there for my other 2 - Jake and Bailey but what you've said makes me feel better. My oldest cat Jake is still searching for rocky which is really hard and when he can't find him he just sits at my feet looking at me like he wants me to help find him. its so sad. This is such a lovely forum though and hopefully when i'm feeling less miserable i can use it to share happy stories of my other 2 babies antics!  :thanks:

We too think that Byron keeps looking for Schui, she keeps sniffing round a particular place he used to go and sits in his one of favourite spots she never sat in before it does make you wonder what they are thinking :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 17:22:25 PM »
Thanks JaneyK and Rosella. Hearing about your experiences has really helped. I've been worrying about being there for my other 2 - Jake and Bailey but what you've said makes me feel better. My oldest cat Jake is still searching for rocky which is really hard and when he can't find him he just sits at my feet looking at me like he wants me to help find him. its so sad. This is such a lovely forum though and hopefully when i'm feeling less miserable i can use it to share happy stories of my other 2 babies antics!  :thanks:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 14:43:59 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 14:41:07 PM »
the little wooden casket is only the physical remains you have of Rocky

you also have all the lovely memories of his life with you, and they will stay with you for ever
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 13:38:45 PM »
Just want to second what janeyk said. 

When Dingle passed away in October 1987, I was distraught and spent may hours upsetting my poor aunt in Ireland by sobbing down the phone. I gradually comforted myself by "seeing" Dingle in my peripheral vision but not turning my head to look if you follow my drift.  I just found one day, about 6 months later, that I couldn't "see" her any more.  I was astonished to find that Gandolf had meanwhile somehow wormed his way into my affections as he was always daddy's boy and I was very warey of him.  He passed away in 2006 and in my grief I discovered CatChat/Purrs

You're in a  horrible empty low place at the moment but someone will fill the emptyness that Rocky has left in time and the hurt you feel will be replaced by fond memories.  Take care  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 13:21:32 PM »
 :hug: awww moan and rant away as much as you like.  The cat we lost before Schui, Smokey was particularly close to me and when he was pts I never thought I would be so close to a cat again, especially Schui the cat we still had as he just wasn't that kind of cat - however, as things turned out I have to say Schui was eventually in no way less close and losing him has seemed worse than ever (I've actually put about that on his thread)and I think you will probably find that with your remaining cats too :hug:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 13:23:56 PM by janeyk »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 13:13:36 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and thoughts. it's nice to know there are people out there who understand how terribly hard it is. I still feel as though i'm trudging through the days in a trance. work is particularly hard as most people don't understand that you grieve for a much loved pet just as you would for another human being.
I thought i was doing OK for a few days but these past couple of days i've just felt so low. i am just missing him so much!! He was one of those crazy little cats who was constantly in the middle of whatever i was doing so I'm aware constantly that he's not around anymore. I did some gardening on Sunday and ended up in tears because normally he would've been in my way the whole time and playing with every weed I pulled out! As far as Rocky was concerned, me being outside meant playtime!
My other 2 boys are sweethearts but for the time being I'm struggling with them as I feel half hearted about everything. I know that will pass but it's horrible feeling this way. They are of course enjoying the fact that my lap is free a lot more than it used to be but when they settle down for a snooze and a cuddle all i can think about is my little guy.
I had rocky privately cremated and on saturday his ashes were returned to me. they are in a lovely wodden cat which is very discreet and has a really nice engraved plaque on the bottom. it's made me feel a little like he is back home where he belongs, but at the same time it's hard to look at it and think that its all I have left of him.
Its a real comfort to have found this site though and to be among so many like minded crazy cat people. I can have a moan or a rant here and i know you won't all think i'm mad!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 23:56:26 PM »
So sorry to hear about Rocky and what a terribley hard thing to have to do . Rocky went to the Bridge a happy cat thanks to your kindness  :hug: :hug:

RIP Rocky, play hard on the Bridge

Link to CatChat