Author Topic: You can still help out....  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: You can still help out....
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
Mark....what about Vienna? I love it  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 01:29:59 AM »
As you probably know i decided to also put a voucher up to sponsor one of Lesleys long termers.

I know ccmacey has asked how much a month would it be to do regularily and have suggested that she contact you direct Lesley, as can anyone else who wants to do this.

Gosh I am tired but the new total is great Lesley and I think you will be able to afford your intensive care unit by Sunday  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 00:29:56 AM »
It's a really good idea but Ican't even think of a new name for Alice - OH said she is our little girl and the name sounds like an old lady's  :evillaugh:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 23:41:54 PM »
I did this last year for Ron.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: You can still help out....d
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 23:40:22 PM »
Fab idea Girls....yes Mark & Stuart too  :evillaugh: ;)

The OH has told me to stop bidding on "catnip" items as he dos'nt think it will go down very well with the feliway  :(

I have my eye on something else though and am prepaired to pay a disgusting amount for it  :sneaky: ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 21:57:04 PM »
Great Idea, i have already put 13 names Liz, but dont worry i dont want to name 13 kitty's in your rescue ;), Not fair to the others.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 21:18:35 PM »
fantastic idea people!!!

can it be open longer than the auction?  just so people know how much they are already paying?  so can make better call on how many names to come up with!!!   ;D

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 21:17:43 PM »
Thanks Gill, you're a star.   :wish:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 21:04:47 PM »
Ok I will run with that one  ;D

Kitten naming voucher section coming up  :shify: :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 20:46:57 PM »
Oooh, I want some 'kitten' vouchers  :wow:  How about Riley, Riley, Riley and Riley or maybe Lucas, Lucas, Lucas and Lucas  :evillaugh:

Definitely worth much more than £1 in my opinion  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 20:32:13 PM »
Thats a good idea - a pledge section in the auction.  I would pledge for the honour of naming one or two kittens  :Luv:

Lucky is a good name, mind you  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 20:27:15 PM »
The only problem with "auctioning" the lots is that the same people may lose out again.  What if there is a thread for kitten vouchers at £1 each.  People can just post how many "vouchers" they want and they get that many chances to name a kitten.  It will stop me having to think of names - I get useless at it after a while - the one I have in at the moment is called "Lucky" - how original is that  :-[

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 20:21:27 PM »
those who want to could sort of bid on a "kitten" and they can then be on a list to name a kitten that comes in/have a kitten named after them, so that they know their money has gone to help and they have a little kitty to put their name to.

I think that is a brilliant idea.  I have had the privilege of naming one or two little ones in other places and it is a fantastic honour  :wow:

You could auction "Name a kitten" lots - maybe half a dozen - and the winner of each could sponsor and name one of your new arrivals
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 20:08:37 PM »
That is so kind of you all.  If you like, those who want to could sort of bid on a "kitten" and they can then be on a list to name a kitten that comes in/have a kitten named after them, so that they know their money has gone to help and they have a little kitty to put their name to.

It sounds a bit silly written down but I hope you see what I am getting at.  I just want people to feel their money is being put to goo use.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 19:59:27 PM »
cc I think that is a great idea and at the end of the auction I will be posting the instruction for winners in the auction to get money to Lesley and through the methods given anyone can also send her a donation which will help towards the item that she would love to purchase for the kittens.  I will cover that in the instruction.  :hug: :hug:

She is hoping we will raise enough to allow her to buy an intensive care unit for kittens that will help some survive who currently do not.

Mark I also like your idea but need to see how much support this has before I speak to Tan  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 14:24:53 PM »
That sounds like a lovely idea, and although you don't win anything of Material value,
you'll still feel as though you have contributed to a worthy cause :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

good idea mark :)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 14:23:33 PM »
Just an idea to knock around.

Maybe people could bid on a star - say a star is worth £1.00. Then the stars could be exchanged for increased post numbers (I don't know what the benefit of them is though  :evillaugh: )

Just a vague idea that could be developed in some way?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 14:20:03 PM »
that's a nice idea cc, I know that I probably won't get anything that I bid on because I don't have access to a pc at the weekend so I'd be happy to send a donation instead

ccmacey

You can still help out....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 14:18:31 PM »
Speaking to another member yesterday and they said they were disappointed in last years auction (not the auction itself) in the way they did not get to donate as they were outbid on the item they were trying to win. So I thought we could all help out even if your not bidding or loose what you were bidding for by sending a small donation to Les and the kittys then nobody will feel left out or disappointed that they have not made a contrabution, and then maybe Santa will bring Les what she really wants for Christmas  ;D

What do ya's think?  :innocent:

Link to CatChat