Author Topic: autumn leaves  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: autumn leaves
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 19:39:54 PM »
I have been wondering for the last week why so many large autumn leaves find their way insided. I mean, the back window is open all day, but it is a top-hinged window so theoretically things should not blow into it ... But the mystery is now solved. Enter Esther, making all the appropriate triumphant hunter noises and body language, clutching a large autumn leaf

Awww, that brought a few tears to my eyes  :'( - my lovely Suzie used to do that, making those little noises like you're describing, so proud of her 'catch'  :Luv2:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 15:55:04 PM »
one spring morning (bank holiday monday) I was having a long lie, I was Half asleep, when all of a sudden I heard my
alarm clock going off ?? "strange" i thought to myself; cause I'd made sure I'd switched it off last night ???
the noise of the alarm was getting louder and LOUDER, by this time I'm looking at my alarm clock, wondering why
it is'nt going off when I press the button??? then all of a sudden there are 2 Cat's rumping about the bedroom !!
I' Noticed the noise was coming from the thing in Misty's Mouth, by this time I'm fully awake  :shocked: and there's
Misty with a fledgling(sparrow) in his mouth :wow: I then shouted at him to let it go, which he did, and ushered the
two cats out of the room and shut the door, I left the bird in my room for half an hour to let it calm down, and both
Hamish and Misty were clawing at the door, the time is now 6:30am (so much for my long lie)
I went into bedroom making sure Puss cats didnt get in, caught the bird and let it free off my balcony, I watched it for
a while and it flew straight across the road, and all these other fledglings flew up beside it on the roof, then they all
had a massive party in the garden for birdys return  :Luv:
meanwhile Hamish and Misty are scouring the Bedroom still looking for the Bird I just Released :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
there was another time that I was too late to stop Hamish from killing a young birdy  :(  But after he'd killed it, that
was the last time my sparrows nested in my balcony roof  :(

I dont like it when they Kill the animals  :'( :( :'(

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 15:56:26 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 15:15:43 PM »
We used to have a burmese called Jade who used to try and catch birds with no success (could have been something to do with cream cat in middle of green grass shows up) but one day he came down the path with something in his mouth.  We thought he'd actually caught something at last.  He rushed in and hid under the table growling at it.  When we could see what it was he had killed an oak leaf.  No-one dared laugh cos he was SO proud of himself.

Offline SophiasMum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
I have been wondering for the last week why so many large autumn leaves find their way insided. I mean, the back window is open all day, but it is a top-hinged window so theoretically things should not blow into it ... But the mystery is now solved. Enter Esther, making all the appropriate triumphant hunter noises and body language, clutching a large autumn leaf which she promptly stashed in the Ikea tent and proceeded to 'kill'.

Hmmmmmmmmmm :Luv2:

Awww Bless , how boring would life be without are lovely cats. ;D
'As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat'

"A cat will be your friend, but never your slave."

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
They are definately cats  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 11:43:27 AM »
Ah, well that was a few weeks ago. Of course, on Thursday night after all that nasty squally weather I 'lost' Smidgen, in that he was not there when I got home. Spent 10 minutes calling him from the back door when I became aware of strange thumpings upstairs. Went up to investigate and he was in the process of delivering the coup de grace to a mouse...

Both of them appear to be inveterate hunters ...

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: excellent ... be grateful she is only bringing leaves and not some small furry prey!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »
lol  awwww bless!   I have the same problem... little angels that they are!   lol
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »
Awwww bless her  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
Clapton was running in circles in the garden at midnight last night and finished off his leaf prey as well  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
I think it's cruel to kill the dead leaves !! :rofl: :rofl:

oh Esther  :evillaugh: :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
autumn leaves
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
I have been wondering for the last week why so many large autumn leaves find their way insided. I mean, the back window is open all day, but it is a top-hinged window so theoretically things should not blow into it ... But the mystery is now solved. Enter Esther, making all the appropriate triumphant hunter noises and body language, clutching a large autumn leaf which she promptly stashed in the Ikea tent and proceeded to 'kill'.

Hmmmmmmmmmm :Luv2:

Link to CatChat