Author Topic: Desperately seeking caring cat sitter  (Read 1135 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Desperately seeking caring cat sitter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 18:36:13 PM »
thanks Sam. I'm rushing to pack while they are asleep (er, why am I on here then?!  :evillaugh:) and didn't read it properly. I'll see how it works out this time and then perhaps use this next time if there's someone as catbonkers as me around here. It's harder still when they are at an age and health where you can't just plonk the plate down and leave them to nosh.
many thanks!
activity in the Bastis so must go and close the bag to avoid kitty stressssssssssssss.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 18:36:49 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 18:27:11 PM »
FAQ: Registering for Pet Sitter Swap

CAN I FIND OUT HOW MANY MEMBERS LIVE NEAR TO ME WITHOUT REGISTERING?

No.

This is because during the registration process Pet Sitter Swap's postal mapping software uses your address to calculate how close other members live to you.

Of course, it does so without ever revealing any details of your address to other members.

Also, once registered, when a new member joins who lives near to your home you will automatically be notified of this by e-mail.

It's free to register ... you only have to pay if there is someone nearby that you want to contact.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 18:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. It's always harder in London! It looks like you have to join petsitter swap to see if there's anyone near you.
The loved one's cat feeder came around today. He seems nice and I hope it's going to be all right. I'm normally in most of the day and this way they'll have only 1/2 hour's company from morning until night.  I hate going away although it's only until Friday, it already feels bad to me. The boys are curled up in their Bastis tent snoring contently. (thank you again Purrlishious).  I just hope they'll be fine. When the catsitter/feeder came around, they ate every morsel of food with no probs! Typical  :innocent: OH's encouraging me to go as well as he thinks (can't imagine why?! can you) that I spend too much time at home doing cat caring  :Crazy:  I just want to spend every mo I can with them now that they're old.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 15:44:17 PM »
It might be a bit late but have your tried looking on http://petsitterswap.com/Welcome.asp
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 20:43:39 PM »
the company I use is K-9 Nanny. They are based in Swale, but they have agents elsewhere - not sure they go all the way to the big smoke but possibly worth a try. The woman who walks Shadow for me when I am busy is lovely ;D

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 15:53:58 PM »
I know of one but she lives stafford way.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 15:22:55 PM »
"think" have found someone. A bloke's coming around on Monday from someone recommended by a local vet I don't know.
I really need to find someone reliable, local who can even live in in an emergency - we have family abroad and if we had to go for a week in an emergency I don't know what I'd do.
If anyone can help in the London/Kent/Essex area please do let me know  :thanks: The boys these days need very special care.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Desperately seeking caring cat sitter
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »
I've just been let down by the woman who used to come in and feed my boys when I went away for a few days. In theory, I need to go away from tues to fri next week. OH will be here to feed in the mornings and evenings but he gets home late (8ish) so a good lunch is essential. I organised for someone else to come but kept leaving messages on her voicemail which weren't returned so got a bit anxious and rang the vets where she used to work. They say they can't recommend here unreservedly so....can't go unless I can find someone in SE London before monday (they'd have to come and meet the SwampMax and see what to do over the weekend or Monday latest). It's not rocket science, just TLC, blending Swamp's food, watching that they eat ok, cleaning litter trays, putting nosh into the coolbag etc and giving some time to them at lunchtime.
Does anyone have any ideas please?  I did use another local bod once before who was hopeless - became completely freaked out when Swampy brought up his lunch and could not give pills to cats.  (that last one shouldn't be necessary, but never know with the Elderlies). It would have to be a driver in case they needed to go to the vet although I am near enough to walk, it's 15 mins walk to the vet and they aren't soooo light. Plus the weather's turned lovely as you'll all have noticed :-(

Link to CatChat