Author Topic: Pet sling - surprise hit!  (Read 3109 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Pet sling - surprise hit!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 17:27:47 PM »
I may have to get one for Lirael!

She loves being held but after awhile you’re arms go tired. Her favourite time to lie in my arms is when I’m on the exercise bike…

Excellent, weight lifting as well as cardiovascular exercise  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 16:43:35 PM »
I may have to get one for Lirael!

She loves being held but after awhile you’re arms go tired. Her favourite time to lie in my arms is when I’m on the exercise bike…

Maybe this will help ;)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
I'd just like a decollatage to get scratched! :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 08:57:49 AM »
Nothing I would like more but Willow begs to differ on the subject  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 08:49:46 AM »
Want to give up on the doggie idea and adopt a lovely puddy from me Mark?  :evillaugh:

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
Oh  :-[

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 08:45:07 AM »
my three

Is there something you want to tell us Dawn?   :shify:

I knew you were fostering but that rings of keepsies  :evillaugh:

nononono  :shy: Three = Gerti, Doc, Cheese. Lucas (foster) would make that four  :P

I heard Phil say to Lucas the other day "wish we could keep you" but sadly its not doable right now  :( he is a beautiful puddy though, he would be quite content with a nice warm lap (and copious amounts of catmilk  :rofl: ) think he would enjoy being carried around in the sling  ;D
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »
I imagine that my shoulder would be in shreds... Lexy would not be amused... bumpty bumpty bumpty as mum walks around the house... oh no.. not worth my life.

Cute though. I imagine Pippa would like this. Will be sending my sis the link!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 23:07:37 PM »
my three

Is there something you want to tell us Dawn?   :shify:

I knew you were fostering but that rings of keepsies  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 23:08:00 PM by Mark »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 22:39:40 PM »
Gorgeous pics!

I must admit I had a little chuckle at the idea - not sure what my three would think of it as they turn their noses up at most things I buy for them - its a nice idea though. I think carrying Doc or Gerti for any amount of time would put my back out  :rofl:

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 22:15:40 PM »
It might save me having to explain the scratch marks on my decolletage which result from Smidgen getting comfortable on my shoulder as I walk around  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 20:09:53 PM »
It might save me having to explain the scratch marks on my decolletage which result from Smidgen getting comfortable on my shoulder as I walk around  :rofl:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »
Brilliant!! After Da birdy this could be the next kitty craze to sweep the country!!   :wow:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:10:17 AM »
Seriously, I really recommend it! Of course, it might not be for every cat... But it works brilliantly with mine! And it's such a relief to have something that makes Monkey happy (i.e. makes my life easier). This way, he gets to be with me and feel close, even when I need to be doing stuff. He has actually started to try to get in it by himself and then look at me expectantly...   :rofl: And the two cats even fight over who's going to sleep on it when it's not in use.

We all know how difficult it can be to buy things our cats are going to like... OH is thrilled with his purchase!  :wow:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 09:41:30 AM »
I will seriously have to think about getting one as willow hangs over my shoulder sometimes when I am trying to work and that would make life easier. We had a new kitchen window installed in the old house. I went into the garden and she was sitting on his shoulder while he was working - he didn't seem to mind at all.

Just imagine if they would prefer that to sitting on the keyboard or on the newspaper  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:05:07 AM by Mark »

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

Dear Monkey,

I think you look very handosme in that photo and I was laughing with you not at you.  I have a lot of respect for you. Please don't hurt me  :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
That's really cool lol!  ;D

P.S:

Dear Monkey,

I think you look very handosme in that photo and I was laughing with you not at you.  I have a lot of respect for you. Please don't hurt me  :evillaugh:

Lots of Love from Bilbo and Boopy's Mummy xxx
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
Lol, if I tried to carry Max around in that I've have one shoulder way lower than the other, he's a very heavy boy  :evillaugh:

I know what you mean... I feel a bit guilty, but there's no way I can carry Poppy for as long as Monkey! She weighs a ton already...

Mark - it's very dangerous to laugh at The Monkey. He does not like it. And he is not kind to his enemies. Be afraid...

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »
Lol, if I tried to carry Max around in that I've have one shoulder way lower than the other, he's a very heavy boy  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:07:08 AM »
 :coolpics:

They made me laugh  :rofl:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Pet sling - surprise hit!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:54:15 AM »
When Monkey had his first birthday last week, one of the presents from OH was a pet sling (http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item--The-Outward-Pet-Sling--petsling). Half jokey pressie... but it's turned out to be a real hit with the babies! I'm amazed at how much they love being in it! Well... not that surprised Poppy likes it, really - she loves being confined! Walking around with her in the sling is wonderful - like having a vibrating hot water bottle. (If a bit heavy...  :tired:)

But Monkey is very particular about everything, so for him to love it is quite something! He has a habit of complaining loudly, incessantly, whenever he thinks he's not getting enough attention. And it can drive you insane... But now all I do is pop him in the sling, and carry him with me as I'm doing the housework or whatever. He's just SO happy, and I get TWO free hands. Fantastic! Sometimes they just want to snooze, but sometimes they enjoy being able to see what I am doing from higher up. It really is brilliant! This morning I was doing some washing up, and Monkey kept complaining... All I needed to do was pop him in the sling, and all was well.

I have only used it inside the house so far, but I'll probably use it outside at some point as well. (If you put a harness on the cat, you can attach that to the sling, for complete safety.)

Anything that makes my life easier is welcome...  :rofl:

Link to CatChat