Author Topic: Catteries over christmas - reminder  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Catteries over christmas - reminder
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:42 PM »
I would imagine some of them are even closed over xmas so even less spaces available.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
I am going to view a cattery on Saturday and then booking them in 5th-13th Dec - thankfully I think we are missing the busy period of Christmas so there are spaces left. I am just paranoid that by Saturday she will be fully booked.

The lady who runs it sounds lovely though, I have never left them in a cattery so I will be a bit  :'( but she said to me on the phone "they can have whatever they normally have, and then some chicken or fish if they are allowed" so I thought - they wont want to come home  :rofl: there are heated beds too. I just hope it wont upset them too much.
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks Susanne, mine are going in today for 2 nights whilst we go away for a wedding, I had it on my mind to ask.

One question though (never having put furbabes into a cattery until this pair), how will Father Christmas know where to find them  :wow:???

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Catteries over christmas - reminder
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:41:33 AM »
Time for my annual reminder for anyone who's thinking of going away over christmas.  Catteries get full very soon - many will be fully booked by now - so if you think there's any chance you'll want to leave your cat in a cattery over the xmas period get them booked in now, if you haven't already.  I've just rang my regular cattery to book Jaffa and Mosi in and they only have a few pens left for the christmas period.  It's usually possible to cancel if you change your mind.  Most places have a waiting list. 

Link to CatChat