Author Topic: Pete Doherty's cat (drugs)  (Read 4335 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Pete Doherty's cat (drugs)
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 15:54:46 PM »
Ahhhh. Gotcha, I think the common term for them round here is "hot rocks."

And yep, you're right. He's probably very proud that he's allowing his cat to join in with his fun....what a plonker!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 13:45:55 PM »
I agree to an extent, CatJane. But I also know people who smoke things other than cigarettes that wouldn't feel it acceptable to blow smoke in an animals face or leave butt ends lying about for them to eat. :sick:

It depends on an individuals view I guess. Pete Dohertys is obvious if he feels it acceptable to make a pipe for a kitten - he sees that animal as there solely for his entertainment.

Yeah, totally :(  But in his druggy state he probably thinks he's doing the cat a favour :(

Incidentally, 'blims' aren't butt-ends - my friends weren't that bad!  No ... they're tiny little bits of hash that sometimes fall to the floor when someone is 'skinning up' and are usually picked up and put back into the 'joint', but often they are very hard to see, so some escape.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 16:17:11 PM »
I agree to an extent, CatJane. But I also know people who smoke things other than cigarettes that wouldn't feel it acceptable to blow smoke in an animals face or leave butt ends lying about for them to eat. :sick:

It depends on an individuals view I guess. Pete Dohertys is obvious if he feels it acceptable to make a pipe for a kitten - he sees that animal as there solely for his entertainment.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 13:41:49 PM »
Some drugs turn people into monsters - especially coke and crack, whilst heroin certainly makes people do things they wouldn't otherwise just to get a fix, although I've never known herion to predispose people to cruelty to animals.  In a way I can feel sorry for him insofar as it is all too easy for the susceptible character to become addicted to certain drugs, especially when exposed to them on a regular basis, and especially when they have the money to support such a habit.  I've had friends who have gone down that road and it is sorrowful to see.

I totally agree, however, that the cat and kittens should be removed.  I once had friends who smoked weed pretty much all the time, and they had two kittens who they loved to bits, but they would think it funny when the kitties found 'blims' on the floor and ate them and got high.  Trouble is, with 'druggies', they are so enmeshed in that world that they think animals enjoy the hit as much as they do.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
Sorry, Helen. Didn't realise it was another story about him being irresponsible! The cats he has need removing from his home ASAP.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:45:46 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
the picture appeared to show him forcing the cat to inhale from a tailor-made 'pipe' and was supported by statements from friends. It was in the Sun, however, which gives one pause for thought about its reliability. Drug-taking does reduce one's ability to distinguish between right and wrong, but the fact that a 'pipe' had to be tailored to kitty size does also cast doubt on it being a one-off 'joke'. The statement attributed to him that the cat is the only person in his life who understands him was also worrying. While most of us feel this from time to time, it suggests that he is beginning to feel alienated. Why they don't just put him in jail and throw away the keys until he has his drugs sorted is beyond me... :-:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 23:28:29 PM »
Fair point, Helen. But it wasn't his drugtaking that harmed the kitten - it was his carelessness.

The link QP posted wasn't about the cat that 'accidentally' consumed drugs left out after a party (think that was last week).  This one actually had a photo of him holding a crack pipe up to the kittens mouth to make it inhale, no carelessness about that - it was a deliberate act  >:(

Edited to add:  Apparently the 'pipe' was tailor made small enough for the kitten so it wasn't even a mindless act while high on drugs, not that it would be excuseable even then  >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 23:30:34 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 23:25:48 PM »
Fair point, Helen. But it wasn't his drugtaking that harmed the kitten - it was his carelessness. And I don't know specifically what drug the guy's on but heroin definately makes people careless.

You're right, I am in no way condoning his behaviour. He has behaved selfishly and as such the animals should be removed from his *coughs* care. I  was just letting Mark know that drugs can indeed make people do things they wouldn't normally do. Sadly. :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 23:20:10 PM »

I disagree. I was friends with a young man who got addicted to heroin and he became an entirely different person. It was an awful situation and he tried quitting twice without success before he did something that betrayed our trust spectacularly and we had to stop seeing him. He's clean now so I'm told and I genuinely hope he stays that way - he's a cracking lad when he isn't on the stuff.

The thing is with drugs though JS is that although they may completely alter your morals and make it acceptable to lie, steal and cheat from anyone - friends and family included they don't make you abuse animals and that's what he was doing to that poor kitten.  I know you're not excusing his behaviour but drugs cannot take the blame for what he did to that poor kitten, neglect due to drug abuse ie not even being able to take care of his own basic needs let alone an animals would be a different thing but that was pure evil  >:(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 23:00:02 PM »
He needs to go to jail for his own good.  It might be the making of him.  And if he'd been sent there sooner this poor little one might have been spared this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 22:38:12 PM »
Drugs do not make you do things you wouldn't do so in my book, there is no forgiveness ever - he deserves a painful death.

I disagree. I was friends with a young man who got addicted to heroin and he became an entirely different person. It was an awful situation and he tried quitting twice without success before he did something that betrayed our trust spectacularly and we had to stop seeing him. He's clean now so I'm told and I genuinely hope he stays that way - he's a cracking lad when he isn't on the stuff.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 21:18:43 PM »
Makes you wonder what other people can get away with really..I mean it is blatantly obvious that thsi guy is not really of sound mind and yet he is allowed to own a CAT ..FFS !!

A couple of lead weights attatched to his ankles and a stern push off the top of a very high cliff would do the trick ..

I did used to feel sorry for the guy but he is doing nothing to help himself and always gets off ..as was already said he has way more than most and is such a waster!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 20:37:48 PM »
The RSPCA are a joke - what further evidence to they need for f**ks sake!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 19:48:47 PM »
In my book he can do what the F**k he likes with his own life, but so far this goes he shouldbe shot.  And I mean shot.  Ars*hole.  Talk about retarded.   The sooner he takes an overdose and tops himself the better

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 19:11:34 PM »
some people shouldn't be allowed to share oxygen with the rest of us.

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 19:06:34 PM »
Vile, vile despicable  :censored:

What is it about this utter waste of space which allows him to get away with the things he does? I just can't understand it. He has no discernable talent so it must all be thanks to his 'celebrity' status.  :censored:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 19:03:51 PM »
Who the  :censored: is this fruit cake and how come he hasn't been locked up by now.  I really do not understand how someone who has been up in from the the judge so many times on drug charges is still able to walk the streets.  If you and I were found in possession of crack we'd be locked up pronto and rightly so.  However this W :censored: is still out and is now torturing his kitten.

He's a  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 18:08:49 PM »
The scary thing is, any F  :censored: wit can get a cat (or as many as they like).

Before the cat issue, you could say, bright young thing, went off the rails but could sort himself out. Drugs do not make you do things you wouldn't do so in my book, there is no forgiveness ever - he deserves a painful death.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 17:59:50 PM »
who the hell in there right mind let him have a cat anyway is the worrying question

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 17:36:00 PM »
annoyingly, yahoo.co.uk have him featured on the "starsearch" as poet/songwriter Pete Doherty.  >:(

Should say smackhead/cat torturer  >:( >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 17:26:59 PM »
Absolutely sickening  >:(  Poor, poor kitten.  I don't know how much more evidence the RSPCA require, he was caught in the act  >:( 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 17:17:02 PM »

I've not read the article - did the cat make it?

The cat has recently had 5 kittens  >:(
He didn't even bother having the poor thing spayed  >:(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 17:14:00 PM »
And the good old RSPCA have said "It is hard to launch an investigation into possible abuse from just a photograph. There needs to be more evidence.” Grr!

God, how much  :censored: evidence do they need!!  >:( They could at least send an inspector round, but really they need to get in there and take the poor cat and kittens outa that place  >:( and as far away as possible from the stupid little  :censored:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 17:00:50 PM »
To be honest he's not worth that. The 'orrible filthy little smackhead should be left to rot in a pool of his own vomit.

Do people on heroin regularly vomit unless they're going cold turkey? If not, just plonk him in a room and lock it, natural selection might do the rest for you.

Anyways, I don't really understand people like him. He's got a lot of things some people would be envious of andall he does is act like a "rebellious teen." How old is he anyway?

I've not read the article - did the cat make it?

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 16:34:51 PM »
with any luck he will overdose sooner than later  :censored:  never liked the guy more famous for being a junkie than any thing eles  :censored:

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 15:39:15 PM »
i hope he dies a slow painful death f:censored: w:censored:  that poor cat must be going through hell

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 15:28:40 PM »
Drug rehab for a kitty ... some people need shooting & this guy would be 1st 1st on my hit list  :censored: :censored:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 15:20:44 PM »
Last night the RSPCA said of the kitten picture: β€œIt is hard to launch an investigation into possible abuse from just a photograph. There needs to be more evidence.” < quote from the news link  >:(

This cat needs napping and taken to a vet for testing asap  :-:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 15:14:30 PM »
Christ on a bike.. how much will this scum bag get away with ?

That is absolutely discusting.. oo I really detest him  :censored:

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 14:31:43 PM »
He wants gutting.

:rofl: Say what you think!

To be honest he's not worth that. The 'orrible filthy little smackhead should be left to rot in a pool of his own vomit.

From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 14:27:27 PM »
 :'(

Pete Doherty is a complete lowlife piece of scum. This story and picture made my blood boil!!What a complete  :censored: loser he is. He should have the intelligence to know better, unfortunately the poor kitten doesnt get the chance to make a choice.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

My old  :censored: flatmate blew his weed smoke ( :sick:  :rage: ) into Cheese's face before I got the hell out of there and we weren't really friends anymore and I flipped at him.  How very dare he - this is a million times even worse than that.  :mad2: :mad2:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 14:17:39 PM »
I heard about this on the radio this morning .... the guy is a total loser, and that poor cat should not be in his care for one moment longer grrrrrr  >:(

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 13:49:19 PM »
He wants gutting. I hope some activists get hold of him and string him up the F :censored: B :censored:  >:( >:(

Surely they can give the cat some bloods tests?

Honesty I would kill the scum  >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 13:50:30 PM by Mark »

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Pete Doherty's cat (drugs)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 13:44:15 PM »
Shocking photo and story, saw it in the Sun earlier. Made my blood boil! The  :censored:  :censored:  :censored: !!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007410737,00.html

And the good old RSPCA have said "It is hard to launch an investigation into possible abuse from just a photograph. There needs to be more evidence.” Grr! Just take the god damned cat away from him! Simple and ban him from keeping animals! He's in rehab atm so who's looking after the poor mite?  :'(
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Link to CatChat