Author Topic: Rescues & Advertising  (Read 1127 times)

MBll

Re: Rescues & Advertising
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 17:34:41 PM »
I do find however that if you advertise in certain papers it is not worth it as  unfortunately it is  read by not the type of people who read them that we would wish to home too. I know that sounds horrid but it is the truth.

That goes for any other methods of advertising.   The rescue i got mine from uses adtrader & have noticed other cat/dog rescues using it aswell also the tree site.  If the homechecks etc are done then how & where you advertise shouldnt be a problem

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 17:14:50 PM »
Golly, I read the free papers - does that make me not the sort of person you want to respond  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 17:12:40 PM »
I think she means that as long as home checks are done throughly then advertising in the free ad mags wouldnt be so bad

RRRR yes, it reads so different when one has been awake for a few hours. I do find however that if you advertise in certain papers it is not worth it as  unfortunately it is  read by not the type of people who read them that we would wish to home too. I know that sounds horrid but it is the truth.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 16:55:39 PM »
I think she means that as long as home checks are done throughly then advertising in the free ad mags wouldnt be so bad  :-:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:08:30 AM »
I know the free papers/sites/adtrader is not appealing to most but its not where you advertise but how  homechecks etc are  done......if that make sence.

We have a linage add in a local freebie every week, also we have pics of the cats in our shop and vets  and twice a year the Derbyshire Times the

We like Desley would not touch the Admags etc.

I am not quite understanding the latter part of you question. ;D

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 17:08:42 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:07:04 AM »
The other things we do are posters in vets and pet shops - wouldnt' touch things like adtrader.
Please spay your cat

MBll

Rescues & Advertising
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:08:54 AM »
Apart from rescues having their own site for those that do , do you advertise  anywhere else?    I know the free papers/sites/adtrader is not appealing to most but its not where you advertise but how  homechecks etc are  done......if that make sence.

Link to CatChat