Author Topic: Question  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Question
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 21:46:19 PM »
A cat's personality changes so much over the years. It's something that maybe folks who only rescue don't get to see too much. Or, if you take on a rescue cat you may not notice the changes unless you have them for some time.

At 1 year, Jumpy was a total pain. Biting my feet, pouncing on the smaller cats. At 2 he decided I was his 'woman' and took as many chances he could get to hump my leg.  :-[ By three, he'd settle down a bit... but took to roaming and would often be away for two days. Now he's nearly 13, he sleeps most of the time, and if I ever want to find him, he'll be on my bed - lazy b***er!  :evillaugh: All the other cats I've ever had for a conciderable time, change and mature over the years.

The point is, RattiesRule, if you do get another cat, in 6-12 months their personalities and dynamics change anyway. The thing you should to wishing for and working toward is that they can at least tolerate each other, and if you've got that already, you're laughing.

;)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 21:34:57 PM »
Each cat has their own way.

We had Lirael for 2 years before she got a friend, and it took them awhile to enjoy playing with each other. Not just Lirael pouncing on Smoke everytime she moved.

Lirael bullies when she can get away with it and then gets upset when she's bullied.

Then Penguin arrived from the US, and both girls just sort of looked at him and hissed whilst he looked at them confused. He's older than the girls and doesn't play much. So Lirael tends to get bored quick...

If I had 10 cat's she'd be bored, she never gets tired and never stops... unless she's eating.

I honestly don't know how much moggie kittens cost, I know breeder prices are WAY more than I can afford and after seeing how much energy the two foster kittens I've got have I'm not sure I could keep up with a kitten...

MBll

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 20:27:11 PM »
 :-: maybe i shouldnt have posted this lol

MBll

Question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 17:52:03 PM »
As Im just 'thinking' the now, milling a few thoughts around so not rushing out.  I dont suppose you lot with more then 2 cats will have this problem lol lol

Anyhoo, as i have only 2 the now theres no problem with them playing with each other but when 1 dosnt want to play the other one is mopping around, crying & whinning...namely  mowgli lol  typical male  :innocent: So its not going to be easy to get another cat i dont think that will sort of/hopefully fit in with these 2 as mir is a bit shy & could easly get bullied, mowgli just barges in especialy when im playing with her & she goes in a huff & watchers from the background ...shes the type of cat that wants to join in but mowgli has taken over.

With the ridiculous/rip off prices for kittens im not going to be lining someones pocket but would much prefer to have a rescue.   And a few other issues that have to be considerd re cat maybe is i have small furries & the problem with the indoor/outdoor debate.

The jury is out on this the now.

Link to CatChat