Author Topic: I'm such a mug and they know it!  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: I'm such a mug and they know it!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
He is just showing that he cares for you and making sure you care for him  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: I'm such a mug and they know it!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »
Definitely wrapped around their paws, but would be ever have it any other way  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I'm such a mug and they know it!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »
Those boys of mine really have got me well trained.  Mosi can be funny with his food.  He likes food and does usually clean his dish, and he can go for days, or even weeks, just eating it in the kitchen, on his mat and no problems.  But sometimes he gets silly and decides to play games with me, other times he just doesn't fancy it because he's hairballing.  He can also get easily distracted - if there's something more interesting going on outside (such as the bins being emptied) he will get distracted from eating.  One of his tricks is to demand I give him it in the living room (just a few feet from his mat in the kitchen so I humour him as I wonder whether he finds his mat too near Jaffa).  Other times he will eat some of it then go under the bed (one of his favourite places) and if I take the half eaten food to him there, he will finish it.  The only reason I pander to him like this is because if I just leave the pair of them to it, they will eat each other's and I don't want Jaffa eating Mosi's dry food or his hi life (too high in phosphorus for Jaffa) and I don't want Mosi eating Jaffa's senior food which often stuff such as cystease added to it.  The past few days, Mosi has really been messing me about and I've actually been hand feeding him his dry to make sure that gets eaten (that way I know Mosi's had something to eat and the dry isn't available for Jaffa to eat).  This morning I refused and just kept an eye on him so that I could lift his bowl out of the way if he refused to eat it and Jaffa went over to it.  He spent a few minutes looking at it, then at me and wandered around the living room for a bit but I stood my ground.  After about 5 minutes, he walked up to his bowl and started eating.  He licked his bowl clean.  I know I shouldn't pander to his silliness but I just know I will do it again   :-[  I don't like leaving food down.  I like it eaten and the bowls washed up for next time.  Little monkey - he's got me wrapped around his little paw and he knows it.

Link to CatChat