Author Topic: Advice please re possible stray  (Read 1217 times)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: Advice please re possible stray
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »
Is the cat friendly enough to come upto you?

I find the best way is to get them into the house and then use a safety collar with a note taped onto it, as paper collars are easily ripped off. I done this with the latest 3 "strays" and only got a call from one owner, I ended up getting their cat neutered anyways as she only phoned to say he was not a stray  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Advice please re possible stray
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 22:46:33 PM »
You need to do a David Attenbrough on him/her....dont approach the cat, put the food half way between him and you, dont stare at him, short glance's etc! Sit at your back door maybe, no loud noises or fast movements....I think you get what I mean?

Good luck with this cat...hope they accept your help!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Advice please re possible stray
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 22:33:58 PM »
There is a gorgeous black and white cat which recently we see most evenings in our garden but I think he may be a stray.   He is fairly long-haired, looks quite young and fit but his fur not great - sometimes he comes right up to our patio doors and looks in.     Obviously I need to find out if he is a stray and I guess a paper collar is the best way but he is wary if appoached.   Is it best to leave out food for him to gradually gain his trust ?  Any other suggestion please ?    A few months ago another cat who I thought belonged to a neighbour turned out to be an unneutered stray who we took to the vets but had to be pts following a serious road injury - just want to do all I can to make sure this little one is safe as possible.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 22:55:48 PM by ChrisB »
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat