Author Topic: Jake's getting grey hairs  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Jake's getting grey hairs
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 13:13:06 PM »
Doc is only 5 (just!) and he has had little white hairs ever since we got him, he was only 2½ when he came to live with us.

I think he is perhaps sensitive to the elements, he is a black cat who before he came to live with us, was wearing a collar that was too tight and this caused some of the fur around his neck to go white.

I am noticing more and more that he has odd white hairs on his tummy, legs, side etc and on his chest - he isn't old either but maybe its just the way his fur is?
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline soudicca

• Adult Cat
  • Jake's mum
Jake's getting grey hairs
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 13:04:18 PM »
When I brought Jake home, they described him as a young adult. The vet  put him at about 4 yrs old, Patrick, the vet, giving him an official birthday of 1.1.01.  This now makes him officially 8.  He has always been a beautiful glossy black boy with no white at all.  He was just sitting beside me getting a little attention, when I noticed all these white hairs round his neck and down his body.  Jade my little black girl was in her teens before she acquired any and Sam at 11 didn't have any other than the ones he was born with.  Maybe he is older than I thought, which might explain his staid manner and lack of play, he would much rather sit next to me than chase feathers or balls.  He's a little ol' man before his time I reckon.  Either that or he is a good deal older than we thought.
Black cats rule
RIP Suki, Cleo, Jade & Sam

Link to CatChat