Author Topic: For CP peeps. how do you advertise, run & organise your Neutering campaigns?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
You need to poster where your target group go, pubs if they will allow it  :evillaugh:
PAH notice board would be a good one, community centres, corner shops, post offices, schools (if you have contacts with one maybe a small bit in their newsletter), library, supermarkets....

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
I suppose it's a case of advertising in as many places as you can. I know you say you don't have the resources to hand deliver but maybe you could get a few of you to leaflet-drop a few each then it's not such a burdon on one person. Our neighbouring branch who neuter an amazing amount of cats, put small leaflets with a phone number on through people's doors, targetting specific areas and they get a massive response. They do small leaflets- slips really of which you can fit 5 on an A4 page so that saves resources. I'm sure there may even be people on here who may offer to deliver?
Good luck with it however it works out!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
For CP peeps. how do you advertise, run & organise your Neutering campaigns?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »
Hi all
We have neutered nr on 250 odd cats this year (not a lot i gather when you look at the 3000 or so Bournemouth CP did). But our neutering campaigns were abit slow on the update. We did flyers to local vets and a press release but we never seem to get the numbers of people that we know should be making use of it..

We tend to use 2 vets that offering neutering via campaigns at really good prices, but we make the people who want us to pay the full amount use them as some Canterbury vets are really very expensive.. (over 8o quid for female spay).. our vets charge 55 or something.

We do have a few lines on our website, on a few forums and of course a small bit on a weekly paid for advert on the papers.

What else can we do to attract the people that we need to catch... ?

We dont have the resources to do hand delivered flyers, but could look into having a small insert in the local free papers (a flyer that gets delivered with the paper).. Have no one to organise any radio adverts sadly...

So ideas pls and of course always be aware we are usually skint.. and of course we do have a neutering budget...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:33:29 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat