Author Topic: A Small Supreme Bragette  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: A Small Supreme Bragette
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 15:07:26 PM »
Congrats Witty and Pearl!!!  ;D ;D Fab results as usual  :) Give her a massive cuddle from me and I hope you've recovered from the day now too.

You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 09:16:38 AM »
I think she's stunning. My partner is still not convinced because her eyes are so striking. (Maybe I need to catnap her and bring her here.... ;))

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
Thats a lovely photo of Pearl  :Luv: :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 23:30:56 PM »
Thanks Ladies, I'm sooooo proud of Pearl. What would I do without her? :shy: I'm just so thrilled at how well we both did on the day. Have to say I came back to my pen after going off to see someone on club row and that best decorated pen rosette had been put there in my absence. I was just utterly gobsmacked.

I really enjoyed watching Pearl being judged. Thankfully Witty could explain what goes on as I haven't really got a clue I just normally stand there ooing and aaahing  ;D I couldn't believe how chilled out she was, even though she was put into another pen for judging she just curled up and looked like she might have a nap whilst waiting!

I couldn't believe that lady though, the owner of the other blue, when they were judging Pearl and I said she was beautiful and she turned to me and said "Not as beautiful as MY cat!"  :Crazy:

Well.... HER cat came third so I think that speaks for itself :evillaugh:

Glad you enjoyed the judging, Dawn. :) You got to see Pearl really perform well for the judge - she likes this kind of ring judging format which is why she does well under TICA rules too.

As for the other blue - yes, her meowmy is a little outspoken. :doh:

Absoulutely amazing pen, Witty and Pearl looks stunning. Can you post a picture of Pearl out and about? My partner needs convincing she's real because she's behaving so well!

Here you go, JS. Will this do?  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
I really enjoyed watching Pearl being judged. Thankfully Witty could explain what goes on as I haven't really got a clue I just normally stand there ooing and aaahing  ;D I couldn't believe how chilled out she was, even though she was put into another pen for judging she just curled up and looked like she might have a nap whilst waiting!

I couldn't believe that lady though, the owner of the other blue, when they were judging Pearl and I said she was beautiful and she turned to me and said "Not as beautiful as MY cat!"  :Crazy:

Greattttttttttt serves her right  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 11:30:25 AM »
Absoulutely amazing pen, Witty and Pearl looks stunning. Can you post a picture of Pearl out and about? My partner needs convincing she's real because she's behaving so well!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:22:02 AM »
Awwwww well done Pearl, we all know you're beautiful, and its lovely to see the judges agreeing time after time  :Luv2:

Well done Witty too, she wouldn't be where she is without all your love and care  :shy:

Fab pen decoration too, really excellent  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »
well done Pearl and Witty - I know how much work you put into the pen - wish I'd seen it

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »
Congratulations to Pearl & well done to a beautiful 'spell binding' pen. Indgenius!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »
Congratulations to you and Pearl

:wow:

Great decorations

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »
Well done to you and the Fabulous Pearl!  :wow:

I'm so glad you won best decorated pen, the decoration is top notch!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 00:47:36 AM »
Love the pics witty especially the first one cos Pearl looks gorgeous  ;D

The cage is stunning and much better than I could have dreamed, all your hard work paid off at last  ;D

Well done to you and Pearl   ;D

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 00:04:35 AM »
What a stunning Darling!  :Luv:

Congratulations! :)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
A Small Supreme Bragette
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 23:42:34 PM »
Well I had a great - if tiring - day at the Supreme. It's the biggest show of the year and I start getting butterflies weeks ahead of the big day. :-[

Anyway, for me the real success of the day was actually getting Pearl to the show - those of you who know me well are aware of Pearl's allergy issues. Still, we made it to the Supreme in one piece and, despite my paranoia, sailed through vetting-in. :shy:

The judging for her class was intense and you could see it was really close. Too close to call to be honest. I was chewing my fingernails down to my elbows - dunno about you, Dawn, I just hoped you enjoyed watching Pearl being judged... She put up a great show as always, but came second in her class - for the THIRD supreme in a row.  :shocked:

It's a fantastic result given the stiffness of the competition in the class  ;D - Miss Consistency Strikes Again, but admittedly it's just aaargh!

Having said that, I spoke to the judge after the class was over - just to say thank you really, and she was really lovely. Said she wanted to award equal firsts but couldn't - it was *that* close between Pearl and Sue Sue. But I told her that Pearl was a former feral and the judge's face, bless her, was a picture.  :evillaugh:

After the judging was over, Pearl put on her "Feline PR" hat and spent most of the rest of the day meeting and greeting and being an ambassadress for the Household Pets and rescue cats. She was a real hit with young and old alike and it's always a pleasure to share my special girl.  :Luv2:

I'm just thrilled that so many board members swung by to dispense cuddles to Pearl. :yes: It was great meeting all of you - those whom I've met before and those whom I only met for the first time yesterday. You really all made it such a special day.  :cuddle:

The cherry on my cake yesterday was finding out that I'd won the decorated pen competition.  :yesss:

I had such fun putting the pen together (as you all know) and I got a real kick out of people enjoying it. I also got asked on a number of occasions whether I was a Pagan or a Witch. I also had some press peeps take pics of my pen and of my special girl. :attention: My prize is going to arrive in the post - they were supposed to present it on the stage, but they had problems with non-winners trying to claim it... The prize is a set of crystal glasses and a bottle of champagne. And me - well I'm teetotal...  :Dont know:

Still, a great day - as only the Supreme can ever be. I got home around 9:30 last night, though I did stop at Boxworth Services (Cambridge) for a bite to eat. As usual, it was a McD chicken legend meal and Pearl had about half the piece of chicken - she was sooooo hungry, bless her. :shy:

Attached are some pics of Madam and her pen. :Luv2:

Link to CatChat