Author Topic: Scarey moment  (Read 1200 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Scarey moment
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 00:22:34 AM »
George slept with one eye open only last night, was staring at me but legs and ears were twitching wilding in a good dream, quite spooky
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 22:34:35 PM »
I have had very deep sleepers, but not ones with their eyes open fortunately!! I thught I had lost MAbel a few times due to her taking ages to wake up.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 22:33:38 PM »
oh yes, our Smokey slept with his eyes open - very strange indeedy infact very rarely slept with them shut.  We knew he was asleep because if not he can't have ever slept
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 22:32:57 PM »
She's been playing 'dead' like this for years now. Perhaps because she's getting older she sleeps more soundly? :-: Sometimes I think she does it on purpose to keep us on our toes.  :innocent: OH does get very worked up, though, even though he knows what she's like.  :evillaugh:

She's completely fine now. Just finished her chicken supper and is tucked up on the sofa next to OH watching a film.  :briggin: I will mention it to the vet next time she goes for her Senior check up.  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 22:08:02 PM »
ooooh scarey .... never seen this ... might be worth mentioning to the vet in case it's something more sinister.

Glad she is awake now though  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Scarey moment
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 21:59:06 PM »
We have just had a bit of a panic. I was in the kitchen and OH cried out that something was wrong with Tilly. OH is often getting in a state about her and knowing My Tilly has a tendancy to sleep very soundly and to put on a very convincing 'dead cat' act, I suspected she was at it again. So I entered the living room to find OH standing over Tilly, who was laying sprawled on the sofa. Something was different this time - her eyes were wide open.  :shocked: :shify: We called to her, rubbed her but very little or no response. I gently pushed her about a bit and kept calling her name but her body felt very stiff and breathing looked a bit shallow. The eyes still were wide open and pupils not reacting.  :scared: I must admit I even got worried then and pushed her around more vigourously to give her a little shake.  :oh noo: Then, suddenly she 'woke up' and rolled over for a big stretch as if nothing was wrong.  :innocent:

Has anyone else ever had a cat do this? She must have been deeply asleep with her eyes open and I've never seen this before.  :shy:

Link to CatChat