Author Topic: Branch visit to the NCC (National Cat Centre)-such a good day! Anyone else been?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
When we were there, there was a lovely big ginger cat on the counter  :Luv2: 
I think that was Hercules by the look of it- I remember taking a shine to him too when I transferred some of our kittens there in the summer. He recently found a home! :)

We had cat shaped biscuits - also had lunch with Peter Hepburn and his PA who is lovely and also a CP volunteer in her spare time.

This was the thread with the pic of the reception cat  :Luv2: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,13566.0.html
His PA volunteers for our neighbouring branch, Crawley and Reigate and is a complete star!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
We went on a branch visit early in the summer. It is such a well oiled operation? - I love that they always have one of the least rehomeable ones in reception so there is a better chance of them being taken by someone. When we were there, there was a lovely big ginger cat on the counter  :Luv2:

We had cat shaped biscuits - also had lunch with Peter Hepburn and his PA who is lovely and also a CP volunteer in her spare time.

This was the thread with the pic of the reception cat  :Luv2: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,13566.0.html
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 16:39:27 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
oooooooo sounds like fun!!1 althought it would take me 5-6 hours to get there. Maybe if its on the way some day

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Chelwood Gate, nr Haywards Heath in Sussex. It's the flagship adoption centre for Cats Protection. They ahve a huge adoption centre but also all the offices are there. They organise branch visits for CP branches all over and it's well worth going. It's also nice to just go there for a day out to see all the cats. It's very swish- my OH compared it to the Hilton of Cat Rescue!

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
where is it?

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
I've been to the NCC quite a few times a I've had to transfer cats from our branch to theirs but it was so lovely to see 'behind the scenes'. I also got to see two of the kittens I had taken over in the summer who had been really poorly and now are fit and well  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I went in March its a lovely location isn't it, I did overspend in the shop I must admit!

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Well yesterday we had our branch visit to the NCC and had a marvellous time! Such great facilities BUT I completely fell in love with a Black and white girlie called Lottie who seemed to pick me by throwing herself against the glass everytime I went near yet ignored other people! And a gorgeous British Blue who was just stunning! I have reached my pet quota and then some so they won't be joining me at home (OH would up and leave, he just about manages with 5 pets but def not anymore!!! lol) but they were just gorgeous.
Maternity unit was very cute too. A stray had been brought in and had her kits just a couple of days before we arrived- 7 very stripey, very cute lil slug-like cats! Aaaawwwww!

I even came home with a goody bag so my kitties were very pleased- Rufus particularly liked the long snakey which he's been chasing around ever since I got home last night!

Link to CatChat