Author Topic: Food changes  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
Re: Food changes
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 20:17:08 PM »
What made you want to switch from the Felix?  Both Whiskas and Felix, despite being brand names actually have a pretty low meat content - as low as 4%  :Crazy: 

Switching from Felix? Nothing other than convenience for us, if I'm honest.

The breeder fed them Felix before we got them, and suggested that it wouldn't be a good idea to change. However, we now get biscuits from one place, litter from another and wet food from yet another......so when on a trip to the litter place we bought some whiskas as an experiment.

They are still eating every last scrap of the whiskas, wheras they were leaving more Felix than they ate. We are going to give it a few days to see if there are any negative moments in the litter tray  :rofl:
I'm a bloke :O)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »
my bengal had tummy issues when i first got her and she was on royal canin - she now eats as good as it looks without any problems, I have tried as least two dozen other brands which are supposed to be better in one way or another but she won't eat them so I stick with what she likes!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 23:27:36 PM »
Hi Jules & Debs

I don't have a Bengal ( :() but from reading about the Bengal slaves on here they do seem to have tummy troubles moreso than regular moggies.  What made you want to switch from the Felix?  Both Whiskas and Felix, despite being brand names actually have a pretty low meat content - as low as 4%  :Crazy:  There are a few high meat content foods such as Natures menu (70% meat), Bozita (80+%) - there's other too and I'm sure the foodie 'experts' will be along tomorrow - but I would be very careful about switching them too regularly. 

I think, being Bengals, that if you find something that agrees with them then I'd stick to it if I were you!  Do they get any dry at all?  I feed half wet half dry and my boys, who are the same age as yours, seem to do pretty well on it.  I would never go for an all dry diet as I think wet food is far more natural and beneficial but my boys do enjoy munching on a few biccies.

P.S  The advice given is of course free of charge but should you wish to give somthing back then a pic of Howard and Teoh is the preferred currency  :evillaugh:

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
Food changes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 22:56:29 PM »
Ok,

I'm sure this has been done 1000x plus, and I searched the present day boards but not the site history.

For those that don't know us, I'm Jules (car nut/pistonhead) and my partner is Debs (cat lover/shy person who doesn't feel 'that' comfortable on the 'web') we have two much loved Bengals.

To the point now...

When I bought them (still hate that term) the breeder suggested that due to their 'temperamental SP?' tummies it wouldn't be wise to  change their diet too much. They were  being fed Felix 'as good as it looks etc'

This weekend I convinced my good lady friend that the advice may have not been that great, since IMO any cat food in jelly will be pretty damned similar to the next brand...so we switched to Whiskas something or other that is steamed with veggies.

No problems whatsoever....apart from the little mites are now eating 2x more wet food than they did before, and are leaving the bowl clean  :-:

Any advice please? They are house cats and we have struggled to balance their diets (keep them active and not fat) in the past..and before the new food they simply left loads in their bowl.

TIA  :thanks:

PS: posted by me for Debs  :Luv:
I'm a bloke :O)

Link to CatChat