Author Topic: Insect presents from Amber... just what I wanted.  (Read 1131 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Insect presents from Amber... just what I wanted.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 15:31:43 PM »
 :rofl: oh dear - I feel your pain! My old cat Ash was a mostly useless hunter, but insects and bugs were his specialty. He would trot proudly into the house in the summer, and ceremoniously present us with cabbage-white butterflies, sometimes on an almost hourly basis :shocked: :evillaugh:
The most surreal and problematic present was one very alive and angry bumblebee, caught in my bedroom at 4am! He had grabbed the unfortunate thing by the head, so that the stingy end, along with the wings and legs, were mercifully outside his mouth. This had the unfortunate side-effect of the buzzing wings vibrating his whiskers, resulting in him stampeding round the room, confused and hyper, trying to still chase and catch something that was already in his mouth!
After much chasing and confusion I managed to grab him as he zoomed by, induce him to drop the poor bee (miraculously unharmed, if somewhat soggy), and put him out of the room until I could catch it and let it out the window. Needless to say, my name was mud for the rest of the day, but I was too sleep-deprived and relieved at the near-miss from a stung mouth to care! :rofl:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
Mine aren't out at night either so at least I won't be getting those kinds of surprises, I do normally wake up with Chillis white catnip mouse in the bed though!

My friend at work was telling me today that his cat brought home a fully functional and very angry mole once!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »
Fredcat once presented a mousie to my mum - in her bed at three am. He didnt get why she wasnt more appreciative!
His piece de resistance has to be the fully grown hen pheasant that he somehow managed to get throught the catflap and was discovered flapping around the house one morning.

Beavis is locked in at night so i get none of these little pleasures!
 :evillaugh:

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
I get the feeling Amber is warming up to bringing home bigger presents. Casper used to bring very alive mice into my parents kitchen and let them go for us to catch!! I'm not sure which is better, dead wildlife or alive and terrified wildlife that you have to try and catch!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »
Ugh makes you wonder why we love them!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:28:45 AM »
 :sick: UGH. Well at least it's better than half chewed mice or worse half-dead pigeons! My OH has had to ''finish'' off a couple of birds recently as Jameson caught them, played with them for a while (ie tortured them) and then left them in our garden STILL ALIVE!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Insect presents from Amber... just what I wanted.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
The cats have both been out and about a lot over he bank hol weekend and yesterday they started bringing me presents.

In order we had:

1 beetle (twice because OH put it out and then she trotted back in with it 10 mins later)
1 spider, half chewed and gross
1 flying creature
1 semi chewed worm which later died and went all crusty!

I get the feeling this may be a sign of things to come!

Link to CatChat