Author Topic: Tesco Insurance - as expected!!  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Tesco Insurance - as expected!!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 18:28:41 PM »
Sorry you got your claim turned down and after so long  :hug:
I got a renewal through for George 6 months after he went to the bridge, telling me they had arranged a direct debit too  >:( They apologised but that doesnt make up for the upset it causes.

Just so you know, petplan will review conditions and if theres no reoccurence after 3 months they dont add any exclusions to the policy  :wow:
Iv just swapped 2 to them and the other 4 are following. Very helpful customer service and they talk to the underwriter people throughout the call to check everythings ok to go with no exclusions.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 20:52:15 PM »
i am sorry you got caught out with insurance, and I know how hard calls to insurers can be when there are issues after pets have died - Sainsbury's messed up Tiger's policy, I had to make 3 calls after she died, each time ending in tears.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 20:10:14 PM »
So sorry and its terrible when it takes so long and brings back alll the memories  :hug: :hug:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Tesco Insurance - as expected!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 19:56:34 PM »
Some may remember from eons ago that I was worried my claim for the £700 plus when my little Bertie was ill and eventually PTS would be declined and they just called to confirm that - two months after they received it I hasten to add!!

No big surprise I guess I am just glad I know now knot to be attracted by price but when I took it out I know nothing about their one condition covered for a year clause - always read the fine print I guess!!

Brings back all the sad memories and frustrates me that the vet could not determine what was wrong and despite the fact that they acknowledged that anemia is only usually caused by something else as they couldn't determine the 'something else' I am not covered. Bertie had a bout in 2006 and although it did not come back for two years, I was not covered.

Thankfully now i have had the good sense to not only change insurers but also vets - and a good choice it was!!

Sorry just had to rant as phone call knocked me for six. the girl was very apologetic and explained she had tried and tried and raised it to level 4 (whatever that is) but regardless it was declined.

Oh well such is life and my wee man was worth every penny spent trying to make him better - pity it did not work!!!  :'(
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Link to CatChat