Author Topic: Best way to introduce a new cat ??  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Best way to introduce a new cat ??
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 16:36:59 PM »
Well done for taking an older cat  ;D and good luck with your intros

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 14:08:20 PM »
Can highly recommend that guide, it's worked for me.  There's also a very good book you can buy on Amazon called Cat versus cat, which contains some good advice although most of it similar to this guide.  My advice would be not to get too despondent if things aren't good between the two cats straight away.  I've got three, and had to introduce Bertie and Bella first, and then Minnie to both of them later.  It took about a month for things to settle down between Bert and Bella, and Minnie took around nine months to settle in.  I'm sure nine months is a lot longer than the average cat (especially as Minnie was semi-feral and blind, which made things harder, and was also 7 years old whereas B and B were both under a year old when they met), but it proves that cats can start to get along after a period of time even if things aren't good initially.  Good luck!  ;D

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 17:54:18 PM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4789.0.html

A guide on introducing a new cat from the health and behaviour section. Hope the new cat works out  :)

Thanks
Betsy and Thomas

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 15:13:44 PM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4789.0.html

A guide on introducing a new cat from the health and behaviour section. Hope the new cat works out  :)

Offline betsy

• Adult Cat
Best way to introduce a new cat ??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 14:36:40 PM »
After much consideration we have deceided to get another cat for a 'friend' for Thomas , hes 10 years old and seems a very affectionate cat we can collect him on tuesday..
So whats the best way to settle him into his new surroundings , im hoping that Thomas is ok about another cat coming into his home and sharing my attention !
Some advice please
Betsy and thomas..
Betsy and Thomas

Link to CatChat