Author Topic: Angry at the stupidity of some people.  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Angry at the stupidity of some people.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »
She does seem to want them done which I guess is a bonus. But she just didn't seem to understand that speed was of the essence to prevent another 2 litters when she doesn't even have homes for all the current litter!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 08:15:48 AM »
Our branch gives out vouchers sometimes that don't get used as people can't be bothered to take the cat, even though it is paid for   - Sharon chases them up but it's almost as if people expect CP to taxi their cat to the vet as well

We get that all the time, a couple of months ago 33ish of the authorities (we are not supposted to send the voucher to the owners) I sent out were not used.  a month later I send a letter offering a free neuter/spay and transport, even then some donlt bother.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »
Your friend can get a full cost yellow voucher it is means the difference in getting the little one'done' or not.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 22:04:02 PM »
I think she is willing to take them to the vet, she was going to take them to the PDSA centre but apparently they have a long waiting list and I had to stress that it needs doing asap.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 21:59:40 PM »
Our branch gives out vouchers sometimes that don't get used as people can't be bothered to take the cat, even though it is paid for  :Crazy: - Sharon chases them up but it's almost as if people expect CP to taxi their cat to the vet as well  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 21:59:59 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 21:54:07 PM »
Portsmouth, I've given her the CP number to call, assuming she probably can't be bothered to go to the CP branch in Portsmouth.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 21:51:55 PM »
Where does she live?

I'm sure your local branch of CP wil issue them, otherwise another branch will help. A cat spayed anywhere is a good thing. She needs to act quickly by the sound of it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 21:18:52 PM »
I don't think she is particularly breeding them on purpose, she just hasn't bothered to get them spayed!

She's on benefits for various things including her disabled son, so I expect she would qualify for the vouchers, I just hope she actually goes and gets them.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 21:07:43 PM »
Ahhhh, people drive you mad.

Looking on a local site the other day, I saw a "wanted - reptiles" ad. This site is supposedly for furniture and household goods so I emailed the poster and politely told them of the nearest exotics stockist.

I then went on Preloved (I want another fairly large scratchpost for my mob) and saw in the cat section the same person advertising for an unspayed female cat. When I emailed and asked whether their intention was for a breeding project because if it was rescues were already getting kittens in, I received the response they weren't planning on starting the breeding plans immediately. Phew, that's OK then(!) :-:

Most CPL branches have a voucher system to my knowledge. Good luck.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 21:08:00 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 21:03:39 PM »
From her nearest CP branch

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Angry at the stupidity of some people.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 21:02:47 PM »
A friend of a friend's cat has just had kittens, her 2 other cats have just got pregnant as well. I have tried to point out that they need to be spayed, and can be now as its so early in the pregnancy but she says she can't afford it!!! (so how can she afford another 2 litters of kittens!!??)

These people make me so angry! Does anyone know where I can get the discount spaying vouchers - I don't think she's going to get it done otherwise.

Link to CatChat