Author Topic: I think Jaffa has a point to prove!  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: I think Jaffa has a point to prove!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 19:07:58 PM »
Perhaps he heard about Blip's rooftop adventure  :Luv:  Glad to hear he's still so full of beans.

On a slightly sombre note, my theory is that it's jumping which does for their back legs: Blip has always been a great leaper and I think she's paying the price now.  If I'm right, Jaffa should escape that problem  :hug:

Hopefully.  He loves to run flat out but has never been one for doing big leaps.  Mosi, on the other hand, nearly hits his head on the ceiling when he jumps  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:58:24 AM »
Perhaps he heard about Blip's rooftop adventure  :Luv:  Glad to hear he's still so full of beans.

On a slightly sombre note, my theory is that it's jumping which does for their back legs: Blip has always been a great leaper and I think she's paying the price now.  If I'm right, Jaffa should escape that problem  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:16 AM »
Go Jaffa , Go Jaffa......................................

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:20:56 AM »
Got your own circus act there  :Luv2: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:50:50 AM »
He's getting very adventurous in his older age  :wow:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 02:35:06 AM »
Wow Jaffa what a clever man you are.... ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I think Jaffa has a point to prove!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 23:53:54 PM »
So wish I'd had a camcorder to hand just now (or even just my camera) - Jaffa has just done the most amazing jump.  He's been mithering me for his supper and when I finally did the "ok boys...." in that tone of voice that they know means food is imminent, he did this fantastic leap from his cat tree.  He was on his small tree (about 3 feet high) and without any preparation leapt into the air, jumped in an arc and landed about 8 feet away in the living room.   It would have looked so amazing slowed down.  Even though it happened really quickly, I could see that his body looked amazing - all stretched out and athletic looking.  Not bad for a cat who is almost 12.  Jaffa's never been a great jumper but he does love to run.  Now that he's getting older, I'm always keeping an eye on him for any stiffness in his legs etc.  I think it's fair to say there's no stiffness in his back legs!  I think he felt he had to prove that he's not past it yet and can stil give the younger cats a run for their money.  Go Jaffa!

Link to CatChat