Author Topic: Few questions on Kittens  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Few questions on Kittens
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 15:58:20 PM »
Dont know if its mentioned on here but get insurance NOW. There will still be a 14 day cooling period before it can be used but its not worth the risk of getting caught out without insurance  ;D

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 15:35:24 PM »

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2007, 20:48:15 PM »
Likewise. CP would have had them vaccinated at the very least, and wormed thoroughly.

Appreciate what you'r saying but I was making a dontation to the cat rescue and she has had to hand rear two of them plus look after 9 kittens in this litter (and more from the other ones she has had throughout the year when she's rescued pregnant cats

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2007, 16:43:16 PM »
but there's no way they could have had their vaccinations because arent kittens meant to be a certain age before that is done? Likewise with neuturing them? So in effect, there's no way she could have had them vaccinated anyway?

Yep at 9 weeks, most rescues would keep the kittens until they are big/strong enough to be vaccinated and chipped.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
I would recommend putting an old towel in the botton of the carrier

I hate it when people turn up here with carriers and no 'bedding'. I aways put some in for them before putting a cat in.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 22:09:24 PM »
Sounds like everything is in order.

There's no need to take them straight to the vet but I would suggest within the first week .... this is a much for your own peice of mind than for the health of the kittens  ;)  Your vet will be able to advise what vaccinations are required, when he would like to she them for neutering etc.

One final and VERY important tip ... make sure your camera has fully charged batteries ... we will want to see lots of pics  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 22:04:30 PM »
Cheers for the advice on towels etc.

When she filled in the invoice and the kittens we are getting, it appears she is affiliated with this website: http://www.theanimalhouserescue.co.uk/

She's also gave us advice on how to get a voucher to get the vaccinations done a lot cheaper than they normally would be. As well as the voucher to have them neutered etc.

Yeah dont worry, when we get them Im going to take them to the Vets.

Do you reckon I should take them to the vets immediately after I have picked them up? Im a bit worried now. However, saying that...they have been wormed, fleaed etc. but there's no way they could have had their vaccinations because arent kittens meant to be a certain age before that is done? Likewise with neuturing them? So in effect, there's no way she could have had them vaccinated anyway?

EDIT: The cats are will be 9 weeks old when we pick them up (dont know if iv said that...im tired.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 23:16:01 PM by Steve1977 »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 19:51:39 PM »
Hi Steve,

As you have been researching I'm sure you already know this but just thought I'd say it anyway.  When you get the babies back home I would make an appointment with your local vet as soon as possible for him to check them over and give them their inoculations etc.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 19:45:21 PM »
Likewise. CP would have had them vaccinated at the very least, and wormed thoroughly.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »
Im glad you have found some kitties  ;D

I feel £30 is steep considering she hasnt done anything for them.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 21:32:25 PM »
Woo Hoo ... welcome to the world of cat slavery.  I bet you are so excited aren't ya.  Looking forward to seeing the babies when they arrive.

One tip ... when you pick them up on Friday I would recommend putting an old towel in the botton of the carrier.  Cat's LOVE towels and it will make them feel safe and snuggly.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »
Glad you have found some kittens, bet you cant' wait till Fri.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2007, 22:41:39 PM »
I'm delighted your found your perfect furbabes, Steve!  :wow: Mind you, if often only takes one visit... once those little eyes look at you, your heart melts.  :Luv: :Luv:

Can't wait to see them!  :)

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 22:08:37 PM »
Enjoy your cuties - and remember the first time you leave them alone (clearly from your other posts it will be a safe environment) although you will be convinced that terrible things may happen you will come home to find them well and happy! So, we will need pictures, and how about names? :)

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 21:23:56 PM »
Iv added a bit more to my post to allay any fears you and others might have. :) When I saw all the kittens I was really boweled over by the kindness of her and people in general who foresake their time and money to look after these beautys.

EDIT: Just to add, all the phone numbers we were given was a rescue home passing us on to another rescue home.

We get them on Friday and will post some picks over that weekend!  :wow:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 21:24:59 PM by Steve1977 »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 21:18:58 PM »
well that's a relief. would hate to think a chain of phone numbers from CP would lead you to a home breeder. When do we see these paragons of gorgeousness??

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 21:17:04 PM »
No, she had taken them in. She wasnt breeding them just for kicks...basically for the past few years she has been taking in cats and looking after them. With one example, one of her friends knew of a pregnant cat that needed looking after and so she looked after them, bringing them up until she can pass them on. Basically a normal foster house. Regarding the mom, she, just like the kittens was up for adoption - one person took the mom and a kitten. But the lady was very caring and knew exactly not to let these cats go to people she perceives to be non-genuine.

It seems that she is in a circle of 'cat people' which also includes cat protection and she is also affilated with a rescue home in Bartly Green (which is nearby where I live) Seems like they all stick together.. She also knows people within this Charity as well. Dont worry, she doesent breed them, she looks after cats that would otherwise be on the street.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 21:22:10 PM by Steve1977 »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 21:03:58 PM »
so,the person from whom you obtained these kittens had bred them herself had she? Was she planning to have the mother cat speyed now?

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 20:40:17 PM »
Well we went and it was amazing! We really didnt know what to expect and I imagined an old dingy, dirty house with stray cats everywhere that hadnt been fed and with a bunch of kittens in the corner...how wrong I was!

Firstly the lady was extremely nice and she seemed to have converted a small portion of her house (something like a pantry) but with a see through caged door and she had many floors which contained food, blankets etc. where the kittens could play. She even had the radio on all the time to keep them company.

We was there for quite a few hours and although friendly, we were assuring her that we had thought everything through (at one point the conversation got muddeled and when i said they would be going to a good home, she thought id be getting rid of them when we have kids, to which she looked a bit hesitant) which is good, because it means that she wasnt going to give them to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

She had 9 kittens left, along with two other grown up cats which just roamed the house, along with 1 rotweiler and 1 alsation...basically this was a woman who loved animals!

When she opened the door to the kittens (after locking the rotweilers away) they all more or less came scurrying out, going to the 'clawing thing' (my minds gone blank) that she had in her large hallway. She had two tabbies and she said she would only sell these together because they were the last two which she had to raise herself - the mom wasnt producing milk and not letting them get near her so she fed them with a bottle etc. All the cats came out the pen and we didnt see any that seemed too timid or too lively etc. just normal, healthy cats which, although hadnt had vaccinations, they had been fleaed and wormed. But the two we eventually settled on was a black kitten with white paws and a black and white cat, with a tabby face (but white ears). Both look very striking! One is female and one is male and its also very cool that they are both from the same litter.

We gave her the deposit (£30 each) and said we would pick them up on Friday - once again she was concerned that we would get them then go out, she wanted to make sure that we would stay in as much as possible during the first weekend etc.. She obviously loved these cats dearly and she started hugging the white tabby.

But it was great going and she made us a drink and it felt great just talking and we all seemed to get on really well because of one unifying factor...Cats  ;D

I was worried when all the kittens were out in the kitchen and she let the dogs through (to put them in living room) but the cats were great and so were the dogs. Which is another great thing because these cats dont mind dogs - incase we get one in god knows how many years time.

Its the first time Iv ever seen any kittens in the flesh so to speak and they were adorable. Cant wait to pick them up on Friday! During the week we'r going to sort the house out (get litter tray, food etc.) so they are welcomed as much as possible into their new home.

The lady did say that its upto us whether we have them as outdoor cats or not but she liked the notion of keeping them indoors and was genuinly upset by the thought of anyone doing anything to them when they'r outside. The 'Kittens for dummies' book also said this, so now im unsure whether to lose them out (after we have had them inside for months obviously - dont want to let them out when they cant protect themselves etc.). What we were going to do is keep them indoor, but if they are at door and pining then begin the process of introducing them to the outside world. But only if they do that otherwise we have no qualms in keeping them indoors because we will see more of them. :)

Really appreciate all the advise you'v given us (and no doubt more advice in the future when the little babies are running amock!)

Although the lady didnt do any house visits, she did love these pets and knew all the right things on food and also confirmed all the things we have learned from our own research. She's going to give us a list of when to vaccinate, castrate, worm, flea again and when we should do them in the future.

Cant wait to post pictures!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2007, 20:07:20 PM »
It sounds, Steve, as if the branch you're dealing with has certain fosterers who deal with kittens. Not all fosterers can take kittens,

I am wondering if they know of some people with kittens and  are arranging direct homing.The homing office should not ask a member of the public to ring different people and the homing office should know who has what so as not to make someone ring around.

It also appears that they may not be doing a home visit which is a little worrying.

Ela, I wouldn't be too worried...

A call to our branch line would prompt a request to ring our homing line. Our homing officer would then give the number of the fosterer for the new owners to call to arrange a visit. In cases of kittens, we have 3-4 fosterers geared up for that and we would probably give the new owners a couple of numbers to call to give them a bit of choice.

So you could end up having to phone 3 or 4 numbers to get to view the cats/kittens of your choice.  ;)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 17:05:28 PM »
Good luck for tonight!

If the kittens are 9 weeks they will be due their first vaccination.  Kittens usually have their initial vaccinations at 9 weeks and 12 weeks, then an annual booster each year.  I'm all for neutering as soon as possible, although a lot of vets insist on 6 months.  I've not had a problem getting my males done at 5 months, but some vets insist that they are 6 months.  If you get a male and a female you'll need to be careful from about 4 months as females can come into heat that young, and despite what some people think, being brother and sister will not stop them from mating!

Some vets do kitten packages where they provide vaccinations, neutering, worming, flea treatment and microchip for a set price (cheaper than getting them done separately) so ask about that.

I brought Jaffa and his brother Magpie home in the same carrier and continued to put them in one large carrier right up until Magpie died, age 8.  It was certainly heavy as they were not small cats, but it was easier for me to manage one large, heavy carrier than have 2.  But it depends on how well they get on.  Car journeys can be stressful so it depends on whether being together reassures them or stresses them out more.  I wouldn't put Jaffa and Mosi in the same carrier.  But yours will be fine with one carrier, as long as it's big enough, while they are small. 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 16:55:03 PM »
It sounds, Steve, as if the branch you're dealing with has certain fosterers who deal with kittens. Not all fosterers can take kittens,

I am wondering if they know of some people with kittens and  are arranging direct homing.The homing office should not ask a member of the public to ring different people and the homing office should know who has what so as not to make someone ring around.

It also appears that they may not be doing a home visit which is a little worrying.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 16:39:31 PM »
Good luck, and I would say 5/6 months for neutering, rather than 6/7, esp if you come back with one of each - and if you had to get one done before the other, the female is best, as the males can still produce sperm after being done. Best is to take them both in together though, as it stops issues with vet smells and things.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 16:32:08 PM »
Yes, a lot of people get confused with the terms. For clarity...

Neutering - a general term for sterilisation.

Spaying - female sterilisation

Castration - male sterilisation.  ;)

It sounds, Steve, as if the branch you're dealing with has certain fosterers who deal with kittens. Not all fosterers can take kittens, and those that do often have them may not have kittens ready yet. So sometimes you have to ring round between these fosterers to see if anyone has got any up for adoption.

Good luck this evening!  :wow:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 15:30:38 PM »
my 18 month old cats were able to come home together in one big carrier and that also seems to be ok for say short visits to the vet but for my older cats I would only ever put one of them in at a time. Its wiser to invest in a larger carrier that they could use together for now and then get another one later. Do not buy the small ones advertised as suitable for cats. I made this mistake when I got my first kitten and that was truly all it was suitable for, a kitten - I now use it for the guinea pigs.

I got my latest 2 from the Cats Protection League - Huxley had already been neutered but Heidi wasn't so (I think as a matter of course) they spayed her. I know they used they phrase neutered to mean both boys and girls.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 13:19:02 PM »
Got both of mine at 10 weeks in the one carrier :) its a big carrier thou :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 12:47:11 PM »
Does this just apply to neureuring or does it also include spaying of females...and does this also include any vaccinations?

Cats Protection vouchers are for neutering/spaying only. Ideally they are for anyone irrespective of where you got the kitten from who cannot afford the full cost of the 'op'.

Whether we have a discount or whatever, how long does it take to have all these things done? I would imagine we should have at the bare minimum all the vaccinations done as a matter of priority...do we have to leave them overnight?

The injections are done during a normal vet appointment. We have all our kittens/cats injected against car flu and enteritis and for those that will eventually be allowed out FeLV.

can we take them back together in one carrier?

I cannot see a problem there.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »
Spay/Neutering can't be done until they're around 6/7 months old so you'd be safe there. Most people say neutering meaning both male and female (as far as I've noticed anyways).

Vacs need to be done yes, but they don't need to be done today/tomorrow, say in a week at the most you'll want to get them to the vets.

You shouldn't have a problem putting them both in one carrier as they will be tiny at 9 weeks old, however you'll need another carrier later on as they do grow ;)

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 12:36:03 PM »
Well the day today started a bit anti climactic where we thought there might be a place that had loads of different cats and if truth be told it was actually quite difficult to get to see some kittens. But I suppose this is good because it means that there's not loads of cats looking for a home (at least in our area :) - and at least the cats are being looked after etc.). We went to Cats Protection in Blackheath but this was basically a shop. So we got home and Donna rang up one number...then was asked to ring another and then another..and then another..then we finally found some kittens!

So we'r going to look at some this evening! and they'r 9 weeks and we could pick them up today! Although we wont because we want to clarify things like vets fee's etc.

Unfortunately, these kittens havent been vaccinated yet and so I was wondering if someone could clarify a few things:

1) We initially rang cats protection who put is in touch with someone else, who put is in touch with someone else with regards to looking at kittens and then we found some - but because they need to be neutered we were told that its possible to get a voucher from cats protection to have neuturing at a discounted price. Does this just apply to neureuring or does it also include spaying of females...and does this also include any vaccinations?

Whether we have a discount or whatever, how long does it take to have all these things done? I would imagine we should have at the bare minimum all the vaccinations done as a matter of priority...do we have to leave them overnight? (I think we have a bit longer to think about the neuturing, but once again, it needs to be done ASAP)

Its all coming together now!

One final question...if we do get two and this is indeed looking very likely, can we take them back together in one carrier?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:38:47 PM by Steve1977 »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
if they are together from kittens they should be life long pals.

To be honest I have found this not always to be the case. I am sure they do not know they are siblings and have known kittens/cat from different litters bond very well and siblings that have seem to detest each other.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »
Have you been to the centre yet - how did you get on?

My experience - had one male and one female kitten (Tomsk and Bronte). Then down to one as Tomsk was killed in RTA by heartless thug who never stopped. After several months back up to 3 and got kittens from a farm where they had had 2 litters - brothers called Harry and Dino. Bronte and tomsk got on brilliantly and she even sat on his grave wailing for weeks after he died. She was very lonely wihout him and that is why when we felt up to it we got the boys. Took a long time to get them introduced to Bronte but after we did they were great pals. All nuetered and spayed as soon as they could be - never had any problems with other cats, smells etc. Then about 2 years ago Bronte and Dino fell out big time and have never really been friends since. Harry and Dino were always very close. I lost Harry a year ago. Now I am back to 4 as got 2 rescue cats (18 months old brother and sister) 2 weeks ago. The brother and sister get on fabulously and as someone else mentioned they are less hard work in a pair as have each other to play with. The best thing of all as well is that Bronte and Dino are getting closer again. They even both shared a chair and footstool with me last night which would have been unheard of a month ago.

So long story short - in my experience a pair are always better and if they are together from kittens they should be life long pals. Different sexes makes no difference and in our family it is my girl Bronte who is the wanderer. Unfortunatley we do have a problem with other cats since moving back to Ireland. One bit Dino badly earlier this year and he ended out losing part of his tail and another one was stealing their food for a while. With vigilant watching out for them by us and our cats ganging up together they saw the others off. I think you cannot completely guard against this but just have to be aware that other cats (especially those who are not neutered etc) are likely to enter your cats territory at some time.

Sorry for the long story but hope it helps.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 07:54:26 AM »
I actually think two are less work,

I think even one reminds me why I don't want one permanently. ;D I prefer 'golden oldies' and who's to say that they won't live as long as 'sweet' kittens. Also offering a cat that may perhaps not up to now have enjoyed a privileged life, is in my opinion very rewarding.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 23:24:31 PM »
Sometimes I think there's a secret feline 'code' they give to each other about us

I wondered why there was funny notches in my gatepost :)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 23:18:41 PM »
I sometimes wish I could have properly planned the arrival of my first cat.  :innocent: But it was a summer's evening. I was cooking steak and kidney pie and the kitchen door was open and in waltzed Tooshey. His grubby, battered little face looked up at me as if to say "No gravy for me, thanks..." And so I had a cat.  :shy:

They do gravitate toward people they know are kind and they can trust. Sometimes I think there's a secret feline 'code' they give to each other about us...  :sneaky:

Offline katbuzz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 23:00:38 PM »
as you say...they will probably choose us! :)

This is so true, we went to Battersea cats and dogs home for 2 kittens and fell for a 1 and 3 year old rescued pair of cats (estimated age)  :innocent: ;D. They are girl and boy and very close friends. The staff at rescues do a wonderful job and in my experience are so good at matching people and cats.

We then got two kittens 6 years later (2 months ago)  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: so now have 4 furballs!  :Luv:

Good luck!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 23:06:32 PM by katbuzz »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 22:49:18 PM »

Or 4 :)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 22:45:27 PM »

Regarding that though, lets say we get two cats from the same litter but one is male and the other is female. We are worried that they might start humping...when do they become sexually active? We want to ensure we dont have any unwanted pregnancies - if this is indeed the case that we get one male and one female.

Also, will one female and one male get on? We'v only ever kept rodents before and im sort of still in 'rodent mode' where its very important to seperate the sexes.

A female and a male will get on fine together.
regarding the humping - you shouldnt have a problem there. It will prob be the case that you can neuter the male earlier than having the female spayed (due to the male being bigger)

GOOD LUCK !!
and PLEASE get 2 !

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 22:35:41 PM »
Cheers for the fantastic replies, it goes without saying that we'l make sure they'v all been vacinnated etc.

We are going to a cats protection in Halesowen tommorow morning and as you say...they will probably choose us! :)

Regarding that though, lets say we get two cats from the same litter but one is male and the other is female. We are worried that they might start humping...when do they become sexually active? We want to ensure we dont have any unwanted pregnancies - if this is indeed the case that we get one male and one female.

Also, will one female and one male get on? We'v only ever kept rodents before and im sort of still in 'rodent mode' where its very important to seperate the sexes.

As you can tell we'r being ultra cautious about this because we are going to have these cats for years! We got some kitten food today and 'Kittens for Dummies' book - nothing like getting prepared!  :shy:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 22:15:48 PM »
Steve

I think at the end of the day, you have to trust your heart. And when you look into those ickle eyes, more often than not the kittens chose you.  ;)

We could give you lists of known stereotypes, but as Sam said, along will come a list of folks to shoot bullets through it.  :sneaky:

I am not sure where your ventures to find the perfect pair are taking you, but if you're anywhere near Teresa Pawcats, or Angie Petsearch, or DiddyDawn, they are very experienced at matching kittens with people and can be trusted to come up with some sensible options. After all, reputable rescue folks have usually worked hard on their kittens want to see their babies set up for life in appropriate homes where they'll be happy for ever more!  :Luv:

If I could give one one golden solid nugget of a rule to follow, it would be to make sure your kits are vaccinated (including FeLV), neutered and microchipped. Of all the strays we pick up, almost none have had any of these done. Very occasionally we find a stray who is just lost, but because he/she was chipped we can reunite them with their owner in hours! Please don't wait for the minute your puds jump over the fence for the first time to think "perhaps we should have had them chipped?"

in the past we used to hear fighting every now again (hate the sound of it) but now we dont seem to hear anything and we just see the cats in close vicinity.

It sounds like someone did the decent thing and got their toms neutered. Once a tom has had the snip, they don't fight anymore. :sneaky: Once they are neutered, they become less territorial and more friendly and probably just after a chance of a freebie meal.  :evillaugh:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 21:43:33 PM »
Steve, that's such great news that you're thinking of having two kittens.  My Bertie was originally one of a pair from the same litter (I lost his sister Matilda two years ago), and I wouldn't say two was double the work at all ... in fact, it made life easier as I knew they would occupy each other when I was out of the house.  They were great company for each other and such great friends, it really was a joy to watch.

Link to CatChat