Author Topic: Non catnip filled toys for cats  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Non catnip filled toys for cats
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:58:33 AM »
Furry mice are good,  ping pong balls (in the bath - no water),  One of the favourite toys in our house is a ball of tin foil slightly smaller than a ping pong ball -  it can be batted out and they can "pick-it up" with their claws and then toss is about.

There are other toys available in the purrs shop:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=r8ij5fao15fsfionhdigh1dml5

and

Check out ebay for other ideas: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=cat+toys
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:59:50 AM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
Pets at home sell mice with microchips which are movement sensitive and squeak when they are boshed.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »
Memphis goes crazy for ping pong balls - he chases them around like a lunatic and the greatest toys ever are bits of paper, cardboard, straws and bags.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Non catnip filled toys for cats
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
Slight problem we have in the house is that my older cat Penguin will spray on anything with catnip in it.

Now since we’ve adopted Gizmo I’m noticing we just don’t have enough toys and my hands/feet keep getting attacked.

We’ve got about 6 small critter toys that I bought in the US ages ago, Da Bird and some other fishing rod type toys. And one of those balls in a circle thing (no idea what they are called but the ball doesn’t come out). And various balls to chase.

3 scratching posts, a cat tent from Ikea, various beds/blankets.

It just doesn’t seem enough for our latest addition, he’s only a kitten and I really need things that I can play with him and not get my hands shredded. His previous owners had a dog so I think he got used to attacking hands/feet and I would like to break him of this.

Penguin’s 1st year in England anniversary is on May 15th so I was going to go a little nuts and buy a lot of new toys but with the catnip issue I need some help!

Link to CatChat