Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 1270 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Introductions
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
Hello  :welcome: your kitties sound adorable and im so pleased that you were able to help them to have a lovely life after all thier hardships and look forward to piccys :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 00:53:46 AM »
 :welcome: CM glad to have another Bloke on board  :) ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 00:17:59 AM »
Hi ,
Welcome to Purrs -your cats look gorgeous .
Looking forward to hearing more about your cats and cat tales .
 :welcome:

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 23:22:38 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only male on here who is crazy about cats.

I have 7  :rofl:. All Raqdolls as I adore the breed.

Glad you found us.

[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 17:45:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Crazy Cat Man ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Sounds like your little family have been through a lot, glad they have a safe loving forever home now  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 17:24:56 PM »

Nice to hear that you helped so many very need cats well done you, the cats look lovely  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Crazy Cat Man.  Glad you found us and decided to join  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Crazy Cat Man

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »
 :thanks:Tried to attach some photo's but said file was too large. Not terrifically good yet with computers so don't know how to upload pics but will keep trying. Isn't the gallery wonderful. Would love to put my babies on there.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

You do have a lot of tale's!  :wow:

Your cats sound so lovely, would love to see some pics sometime.... ;)

Offline Crazy Cat Man

• Kitten
Introductions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
Hi all. Have been on cat chat for a little while and noticed this site the other day, so thought I'd join up. For me, cats are my whole life. I share my life with five of my babies, and most of my thoughts are occupied with all things feline.  I have been involved in cat rescue work for many years and my friends(equally as cat mad)and I are in the very early stages of setting up our own charity, probably going to be callled Feline Friends Cat Rescue Group.  I have fostered cats for years and have dozens of stories, some happy, lots sad, about my time with cats protection.
My own cats are all rescues and all have their own tales to tell. Very briefly.
Wik, my wonderful friend, she is tabby and we rescued her thirteen years ago at the age of five weeks when a dog tried to kill her. She has been my constant, loyal companion and has comforted me through some very hard times. She is wise and quiet and unassuming.
Smits, my precious little kitten cat, tiny and black, rescued with her brother Moses from a pet shop in Leeds nearly ten years ago. kept in a filthy wire cage with no bedding, food or litter tray. With the help of the local RSPCA we successfully prosecuted them. She is my funny, loving, devoted little girl, always talking to me, always checking to see where I am and if I'm ok. Without her I would be lost.
Katie, my elegant, troubled little siamese cross, rescued twelve years ago from a junkie who beat her and kicked her. She was too scared to leave her corner to use her tray and for months she would mess herself where she sat. Then he would beat her for that. She is a beautiful girl, tortoishell and white and stilll bears emotional scars from her five months with him. She is needy and clingy and affectionate, never more happy than when she is being cuddled with her paws around my neck.
Moses, my neurotic, naughty boy, rescued with Smits at five weeks old, he has to take antidepressants to help with his spraying problem. He is amusing,loving and demanding, very hard work at times. Laying on his back on my chest he reaches up with both front paws to touch my face, if he could melt into me he would. He hides his insecurities by coming across as a bit of a thug, but he is a dear, gentle little cat who only wants to be loved.
The Fiend, old, skinny, grumpy and utterly loveable, he is a wonderful presence in our home. Rescued two and a half years ago from misery on the streets, he chose to live here as we originally only intended to foster him.  He is a scruffy apricot coloured boy, with black ticking in his coat and he completes our home and our lives. I promised him on the day he came downstairs, bashed the dog and lay by the fire to groom himself that never again would he find himself alone, afraid and hungry. He is about fifteen and my only regret is that he didn't come to us as a kitten, for then he would never have known any of the hardship which was his life for so many years.
That's us, thank you for allowing us to jooin another wonderful site.
                                                      Crazy Cat Man.

Link to CatChat