Author Topic: Bit more about Tabby  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Meeko

• Adult Cat
Re: Bit more about Tabby
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
Ah what a lovely cat and the little kittens are sooooo cute!  Sounds like she's nice and settled now then  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 00:46:13 AM »
Poor baby, it breaks my heart to think of her alone and abandoned for all that time  :( Sounds like she's well and truly fallen on her feet with you and your family though  :)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 23:09:27 PM »
What a pretty girl  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 20:47:01 PM »
glad she is happy now with you, she's alot like my Byron  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 19:11:09 PM »
certainly sounds as if Tabby has done her bit for procreation around your way - she must have been so glad to have shot of it all and some real 'me' time with you ;D
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline lotsofsmoggies

• Adult Cat
Bit more about Tabby
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 18:04:27 PM »
I touched on the fact that Tabby was a stray that stayed faithful to 'her' house and some of you were interested in it so thought I'd share the rest of her story.

On the day of moving into this house a cat or as I thought it was a kitten kept running in as we were carrying in our stuff. Being what I thought was young and not knowing anyone living in the street I put it back out. But it kept coming back and straight in. The it disappeared for a few days appeared again with a collar on. So I thought oh look it does have a home.

But she came back, maybe a month or so later. With already having 5 cats 6 was sort of like, whats one more. So I started feeding her like she was mine and putting her out at night. Eventually I asked my neighbour about this cat. She told me she and her brother had been left behind and the house had stood empty for 7 months or so. But this cat whos orignal name was winnie and her brother winkle had stayed around. Her brother I had seen occansionally but didn't care to stay.

I had no idea if she was neutered or not found out soon enough when she disappeared or a few days and came back. during this time she used her litter tray and I had never seen so many tape worms  :( poor girl but she had survived. We used a spot on for pregnant queens just in case. Couldn't have her living like that still. On Mar 14th I came down after she had been getting fat for a while to put my hand on some warm damp purring bodies.  :Luv:

She had 3 boys. Tabby jr, Big ginge and Tig. We found homes for them all, Tig went nextdoor and still spends 80% of his time here. She was neutered. And her age was put at 5/6. She must have had litters afters litters.  :censored: Should have realised when her brother wasn't neutered but some people like toms. Now when I look about this street I can see her off spring everywhere they look like her and the kittens she had with us. It turned out the cat with the collar that confused me all those years ago has a home and still has a collar, naughty cat confusing me like that. Bet that was one of her kittens. And I often wonder if she disappeared so much because she had or having kittens that didn't live.

I'll never know now. That was 3 years ago. She has settled now, no longer the hag queen who would never share, still not a lap cat but she loves her fusses.

Some more pics

Link to CatChat