Author Topic: Is my cat trying to drive me mad with worry  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
Re: Is my cat trying to drive me mad with worry
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 09:04:19 AM »
Well the little darling came home again last night at about 10.30 anouncing his arrival loudly. Havn't seen him since Tues and today i was going to do all the missing things and phone the vets.
I am getting a collar tag done today.
My partner thinks he has been coming in at night when we are asleep and getting something to eat.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 23:46:45 PM »
He is probably not going that far, Tinamary. I'd ask around your neighbours. Is there an elderly lady down the road who may be feeding him fresh prawns or something?  :sneaky: Cats are notorious for pulling this kind of stunt.  :tired:

Once there was a bloke whose cat went out every morning at 7am and returned in the evening 12 hours later. Regular as clockwork. The bloke was so driven be curiousity about what his cat was up to, he stuck a small remote video camera on it's collar to unearth the mystery. It turned out puss was dissapearing through a hole in the hedge into his neighbour's garden where it curled up under a rose bush and slept - all day, everyday! Lazy  :censored: !!!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 23:29:03 PM »
Yes i have bought one that is a quick release and has fish on it that are reflective.  Posh collar for a posh cat.
He is definately going to have to wear it now and i am going to get a tag made on monday.
I ve got to know where he is off too on his jaunts, he was born in my bedroom and i worry that if he has got another family and they take him if they move i will never see him again.
The amount of time he has spent away just lately he might want it that way.  I don't know why though he is so spoiled here.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 22:03:22 PM »
I think the case for a second family is growing stronger. Cats without collars are often viewed as homeless so it would be no shock if he had several people giving him food and somewhere comfy to sleep!

You can get quick release collars, very little of the risks associated with other collars.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 21:51:52 PM »
We have thought of putting a collar on him but im not a lover of them.  I bought one but have never used it.
When he comes home i think i will try it. 
He is such a lovable cat i can imagine him having 5 homes, won't let you pick him up though he just rolls about on your feet and follows you about.
He is definately spayed as i watched the op myself as i have done with all the boys.   I was the one doing the anaesthetics.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 21:30:17 PM »
One of our other members suspected her cat had found himself a second family, as when he came home after a stretch on walkabout he was never really hungry and only pecked at food. She had an idea - put a medalion on his collar which read "If you are feeding this cat please call ******". Sure enough, within a couple of days she got FIVE phone calls!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 21:00:14 PM »
Well, either he isn't spayed and is off prowling the general vicinity sowing his wild oats OR a serious case of second family syndrome!

your partner is onto something though, I think a tracking device is in order.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
Is my cat trying to drive me mad with worry
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 22:17:40 PM »
I have a cat called sonic, he is pictured in one of my earlier threads. 
Well he keeps disapearing for days on end and then returns as if nothing has happened shouting his arrival through the cat flap and right through the house.
He has done it so many times now i have stopped going to look for him but its driving me mad.
I worry that he has been run over or cat napped.
In the past i have phoned the vets many times and repoted him missing, trolled through all the bushes hoping not to find his body.
I dont think he has another home as he might not do it for months and then he disapears.  He is neutered.
When he comes back he might not leave the garden for days.

any ideas

My partner said that we need to get a little camera fitted to him so we can see where he goes.

Link to CatChat