Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Applaws Natural Cat Food & CRF

<< < (4/4)

Susieh:
Just a quick note to say that I got some small sample tins of Applaws, which my cats absolutely scoffed down and 2 of them are quite fussy.

So I bought in bulk (the same flavours as they had tried) and spent a small fortune on it (over 50 quid), then they haven't touched it since apart from 1 of my cats will eat 1 flavour.  What am I going to do with my 3 nightmare cats??  :Crazy:

On the plus note, I have a friend who has a really skinny cat who suffers with food allergies, and she has polished off all the unwanted Applaws and is much more healthy now :)

Susanne (urbantigers):
Hi Magic

I've posted about this on the hovel - but I  might as well repeat it over here.  After checking the size of the applaws tins and doing a few quick calculations, I reckon the phosphorus percentage of the applaws plain chicken (dry matter) is something like 0.7% which is, I believe,  pretty good for CRF kitties.  I will do it a bit less hastily later on and you need to bear in mind I may have done it wrong!  I wouldn't like anyone to feed this to their CRF kitties based on my calculations only to find out later that I'd got it all wrong.  There also may be other factors to take into consideration depending on how advanced the CRF is.  But as far as I can tell, it seems to be a good choice for anyone who's looking for a non prescription food that is low in phosphorus (the site that Desley posted a link to recommends looking for a phosphorus content of 1% or less).

Desley (booktigger):
Your best bet is to go onto www.felinecrf.org it is a CRF bible, and there is a page there listing all the phos etc contents in non prescription food so you can find the best one if they wont eat prescription food. Good luck, and good on you for adopting a CRF kitty.

Ela:
I had some free samples and my cats loved it.

magic14:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used this before and what are their views on it? I am adopting a cat who has CRF but is not on a prescription diet - would this food be suitable for him? If not what are suitable brands of foods to try?
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version