Author Topic: Using Felix "Lickins" for pilling cats  (Read 2337 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Using Felix "Lickins" for pilling cats
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 16:15:50 PM »
Smudge used to take his pills in a bit of soft liver pate.  Not had to try with Bonnie yet.

Hope Clapton is better soon Mark.   :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 15:35:28 PM »
Max has been known to claw food off your plate if you take your eyes off him for a second  :evillaugh:

I normally have a piece of kitchen towel on my laptray and put his titbits on there, so as soon as he sees your plate starting to empty, he's literally watching it like a hawk.

Last week he snatched salad from my plate again, crazy boy  :Crazy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 15:24:31 PM »
Kylie is the only one who will eat cheddar and she is already fat enough  :evillaugh:

Alice likes biscuits (like oreos  :Crazy: ), although I have only given her a tiny piece. I get the impression she was fed on scraps as she always sits right next to me and looks at me longingly when I am eating - regardless of what it is  :Crazy: - last night, I had spanish potato tortilla, a cherry tomato & gruyere tart, olives, pepperdew peppers and greek giant beans in tomato sauce - you would have thought I had a fillet steak as she was literally drooling  :Crazy: - she doesn't try to get too close or help herself so I also think she might have been smacked for it  :( - just my impression as the others will just take  :evillaugh: Willow will even claw bacon off the plate and flick it  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 15:29:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 14:02:01 PM »
Cream cheese is a no-no in our house too, Max licks it all of then leaves a gooey pill stuck to your finger  :sick:

Normal chedder is a good idea though, if you cut off a few small pieces and mould them so they go squidgy, you can mould it around the pill easily.  If you do 2 or 3, then slip the 'pill' one in the middle and furry boy is none the wiser  :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 13:59:23 PM »
Anything like that, he just licks the cheese off  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 13:56:44 PM »
Will Clapton eat Laughing Cow cheese triangles? If he will maybe try hiding it in a bit of one of those.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 13:55:18 PM »
my lot used to love those, I haven't got them for ages I sort of forgot they existed - hope clappy is feeling better soon

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 13:54:08 PM »
Awww, hope Clapton is feeling much better soon  :hug:  :Luv:

Another good way of hiding pills (recently discovered) is the Defurrum treats you get in PAH, they are hollow, so you can break them in half easily, slot the pill inside, and put back together again.

Cheese is also another good way if he eats it?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Using Felix "Lickins" for pilling cats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
Clapton is a bit under the weather. Poor appetite and runny bum  :(

I was wondering how I can give him a Milbemax. Yesterday he was going mad for Lickins although he isn't really one for treats. Even though he didn't want breakfast, he quite happily ate a few of them (one of which had a Milbemax hidden in it  :sneaky: )

They are quite crumbly but you can just about squash one over a pill.

I was trying to think what the texture reminded me of - then realised - Halva  :evillaugh:

I will be trying the technique later today with Fortekor  :sneaky:

PS - He is purring etc and ate a full pouch last night - I will see how he is tomorrow and take him to the vet if need be.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:01:42 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat