Robbie losing weight

<< < (30/30)

Stuart:
ta Liz

Liz:
Complivit from Vet Uk at a good price

Stuart:
Thanks Liz

hmm, is that Complivit food supplement stuff easy to get hold of?
will have to make another appointment with the robbers

and I've still to pop thru to yours with yon stuff ;)

Liz:
Could be Hyper T they need to send bloods away  think its to Bristol about £50.00 and whilst they are at it they should run a sugar curve - all day stay at vets for diabetes symptoms are pretty much the same, being in diabetic number 4 and had 4 Hyper T's we now know what to look for, also senior food is lower in calories so that may also be why he needs more food.  Also get some Complivit food supplement and add to his food a great way to add weight, a couple of pumps a day is easy added to wet food.  1 pump of the wonder food is equal to a full days calories for a 4kg cat, this stuff has kept some of our long termers alive x

Stuart:
Hi Folks

I think I just brushed on this with my last post - Robbie and teeth extraction, as I Had noticed that Robbie had started to lose
a lot of weight, I had asked for a blood test, they phoned with the results and said everything was fine.

I was away for 3 weeks with work, I come home, look at Robbie and think "He's lost yet more weight?"
OH has also accidentally changed his food pouches from Felix as good as it looks fish flavors (coz that was all he would eat
and even then, he would NEVER clean a plate) to Senior meat in jelly, I have noticed he is eating more but still looks poorly

Marianne on Purrs facebook page suggested Thyroid

checking symptoms, as far as I can tell, I have noticed this

YES*weight loss
YES*increased appetite
?increased activity and restlessness?
YES*a matted, greasy or poor hair coat
?a fast heart rate - not sure, but the vet did put him under for tooth extraction, surely that would have been picked up on?
increased water drinking - cannot tell, he drinks from puddles - won't touch tap water in bowl
vomiting - cannot tell - he's very rarely in
diarrhea - cannot tell - we don't have a litter tray
occasionally difficulty breathing - not that I've noticed
weakness - not that I've noticed

looks like another visit to the vet - to Get ANOTHER blood test, what annoys me is that I requested a blood test the first time
also quoting "he has been losing weight" in the same sentence, obviously this has probably got lost in translation somehow
(there are No vets in my area I trust now) and I see they
even charge for boarding now, even tho they don't stay the night >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version