Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 143529 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #358 on: October 29, 2015, 08:10:43 AM »
That's so lovely.   :evillaugh:  :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »
They are just so adorable  :Luv:  It's so entertaining watching kittens chase each other and play fight  ;D  Kito hasn't exactly grown out of toys but he's grown out of that stage where they can't resist batting stuff around on their own (having said that, heard a commotion while getting out of the shower this  morning and it was Kito batting around one of those springy coil toys from Purrs).  He loves them if you start off the game and will often continue for a  while playing by himself but the days of him stumbling upon a toy and not being able to resist playing with it are mostly over.  In a way I'm glad I didn't get him until he was 16 weeks as that meant he had another kitten to play with up until then.  Mosi does his best but not sure he meets Kito's exacting standards  :shify:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »

Can see it now  ;D

:rofl: :rofl: Brilliant. It's great when they play fight, especially ay that age. Just wait though  :evillaugh:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2015, 06:50:34 AM »
Can anyone see it? It's working for me.
Maybe it's because I embedded it?

Here's the link. That might work better:

https://youtu.be/hRbByBH7oKY

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #353 on: October 28, 2015, 23:36:20 PM »
unfortunately I can't see the video. I remember when mine were kittens one used to get hold of the other and kick their head with their back legs like crazy. Does that make sense? They never got hurt but it looked painful  :shocked:

Me neither  :(

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2015, 23:30:12 PM »
unfortunately I can't see the video. I remember when mine were kittens one used to get hold of the other and kick their head with their back legs like crazy. Does that make sense? They never got hurt but it looked painful  :shocked:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2015, 22:07:01 PM »
Oh I am sure she will and Lupin will love to meet him  ;D

Just get him to PM her his post code for her CatNav  :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2015, 20:32:03 PM »
Lupin would love a play fight....................I will get Sasa to drive him over  :evillaugh:

Alfie too, do you think Sasa would pick him up on the way?  ;D

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2015, 17:31:38 PM »
*takes note* - must take more photos of Winnie and post them on Purrs lol.

Aww Chester and Beau are certainly mischievous, but completely adorable at the same time. As you said - butter wouldn't melt lol.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #348 on: October 28, 2015, 14:50:26 PM »
Lupin would love a play fight....................I will get Sasa to drive him over  :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #347 on: October 28, 2015, 14:28:42 PM »
It’s funny how some of them grow out of toys. My Jake would only play with a toy if he was certain no-one was around to witness it  :shify:

This photo sums up Chester for me. Beau looking like butter wouldn’t melt and Chester looking like he’s bursting with mischief.
And the video is a mild version of their play fighting. This is why I call them my monsters  :rofl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRbByBH7oKY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hRbByBH7oKY</a>

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #346 on: October 28, 2015, 13:25:05 PM »
Oh my kittens  :rofl: :rofl:

Would you like a Lupin?

He climbs, chases other cats, wants to play fight but doesnt like toys much anymore...........says he is too grown up now :rofl:

I love your two and all their mischeif.

I think feathers have an attraction to most cats  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #345 on: October 28, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
Ooft, the boys were seriously hyper last night :oh noo:

They were absolutely manic for about 4 hours solid. Between trying to drag Beau out from the tangle of cables in our TV unit and trying to prevent Chester climbing the venetian blinds (again) I was run ragged. 
And of course the new favourite game which is to chase each other to the highest basket on the cat tree, balance precariously on its edge and knock lumps out of one another :hairrasin:

However, despite the fact that they almost gave me a nervous breakdown, when they finally fell asleep sprawled on my lap, all was forgiven. Such little angels when they’re unconscious  :rofl:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #344 on: October 28, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »
Crystal loves her da birdy too. BUT she very loves da mousie. She grabs it in her mouth, growls and tries to run away with it. She gets most annoyed when she can't!!!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #343 on: October 27, 2015, 18:15:48 PM »

Gorgeous pics  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Astrophe and Zoonie go mad for the Frenzy, no matter what is on the end of it. When Astrophe catches it we have a tug of war, he really digs his claws into the carpet and pulls like mad  ;D when I eventually let go he will trot off head and tail held high.

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #342 on: October 27, 2015, 16:18:49 PM »
Love your pics Nicola!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Chester and Beau are growing fast and are just gorgeous!
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #341 on: October 27, 2015, 15:22:19 PM »
we've had two black cats and both had that, lovely when the sun shines on them - and no Nicola, never bored of kitten pics!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #340 on: October 27, 2015, 15:20:55 PM »
Has Chester got a slight tabbyness in his black at the back?
He has, yes! his coat has faint stripes in the black sections, you can really see it in bright light, it's really unusual looking.
Not sure if that will fade and he'll be more black as he gets older.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #339 on: October 27, 2015, 15:16:55 PM »
Monty is exactly the same with the things on a stick. We had to shut them away as he goes so wild and growls at us if we try and take them off him. Callie however likes a chase but isn't bothered about keeping them. Monty knows the cabinet they are in and tries to scratch it open as well as rushing in if you do open the door! We tend to use the laser pen red dot thing nowadays as it is much safer for both your hands and the cats and you can really get them running and chasing it all over!
Has Chester got a slight tabbyness in his black at the back?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 15:18:16 PM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

• Hero Cat
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2015, 15:14:02 PM »
Hope you're not all getting bored with the endless kitten pictures.....

How irresistible are those wee faces?!  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2015, 14:37:14 PM »
while you obviously want to avoid it mine have eaten feathers (and of course other parts of birds!) in their time and have always been ok

I'd agree but you could try swapping the attachment for a wiggle, dragonflies or soft mouse and see if that makes a difference to his "hanging on" tendencies.    :hug:

I've tried with some of the other attachments but while he plays with them, he doesn't go as bananas for them. There's something about the bird attachment that brings out the fearsome hunter in him  :evillaugh: It has him leaping in the air and somersaulting. Beau watches with a bemused expression and manages a gentle paw swat occasionally  ;D

I may postpone Da Bird playtime until he's a bit bigger and stick with the softer attachments. probably safer for both him and my hands  ;)

He definitely has the instinct to scurry off with his "catch" in his mouth. He does it with everything. He carries the catnip mice my niece bought him all over the house and when he wants to "hunt" them he scurries onto my lap and drops them on me for me to throw.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2015, 14:27:00 PM »
while you obviously want to avoid it mine have eaten feathers (and of course other parts of birds!) in their time and have always been ok

I'd agree but you could try swapping the attachment for a wiggle, dragonflies or soft mouse and see if that makes a difference to his "hanging on" tendencies.    :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2015, 14:23:37 PM »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2015, 14:21:11 PM »
I have a question I’m hoping my purrs friends can help with.

Chester goes nuts for Da Bird, absolutely LOVES it. But as soon as he catches it he just locks his jaws on it and growls. It’s a nightmare to get off him and I can hear it cracking as I try to get it out of his mouth  :shocked:

I’m worried in case he eats any of it. But because it’s feathers, would it be ok if he managed to break off a bit and swallow it?

There’s certainly nothing wrong with his killer instinct!  :naughty:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
Loving the updates.  So cute on the windowsill.   :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
Just back from holiday and really glad to see your boys have arrived. They are beautiful! I'm always recomending people get two as mine are so lovely together. I got mine chipped when they were spayed as they were asleep they didn't feel anything. You could mention it to your vet as they are tiny at the moment.

They've settle in so well, I can't imagine my home without them now! I'm so glad i got two, watching them together is precious and they are fantastic company for each other. Althought the play fighting has my heart in my mouth - they are so rough with each other!!  :Nooooo:

I'll definitely speak to the vet about maybe getting them chipped when they're neutered. They are both still tiny and skinny so the thought of a big needle  :scared:

They coped fine with being left all day yesterday. OH got home at 3.30pm and they were sound asleep in their scratch barrel.
They have now discovered the window ledge in the living room, so I was greeted by the most adorable sight when I got home last night because they were both sitting there looking out  :Luv2:

I cannot believe how our routine now completely revolves around the little monsters.

OH is up at 5.45am this week for his shift so despite not starting till 9am, I just get up with him and spend an hour playing with them before getting ready for work and settling them in the kitchen. And I'm usually in my bed till the last possible moment in the mornings! Chester discovered the TV this morning. he was clambering on the tv unit (you know, the one place we were determined to keep them off  :rofl:) and the weather was on. The weather map was a source of complete fascination to him.

Having dinner is a major challenge in the household now. The instant they detect that the hoomans have food they're clambering all over us. eating with one hand has become a new skill for both of us  :rofl:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #331 on: October 26, 2015, 22:07:44 PM »
Just back from holiday and really glad to see your boys have arrived. They are beautiful! I'm always recomending people get two as mine are so lovely together. I got mine chipped when they were spayed as they were asleep they didn't feel anything. You could mention it to your vet as they are tiny at the moment.

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2015, 19:29:37 PM »
Winnie was already micro-chipped and spayed when I picked her up. So it gives a little extra peace of mind.

She already had her vaccines for this year, so I don't have to worry about that until next year now.

DaveD - I am so glad that you got back Clio. She's beautiful.

Nicola - I love the snuggle photo of Chester and Beau - so, so, so cute!

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #329 on: October 26, 2015, 16:36:25 PM »

Love that sleepy boys pic  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2015, 16:32:14 PM »
I have never had any problems with jabs.

usually they just feel drowsy for a couple of days.

I wouldn't be able to tell with my 3!!!  :rofl:

Denzel & Dexter got chipped with their jabs when they were kittens, and didn't notice as far as I can remember. With Evie as she was an adult they did it when she was having an op. It is quite a big needle they use, and its probably more dangerous for the vets when the cat is older  :evillaugh: I think Evie scared her  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2015, 16:07:21 PM »
Love Cleo Dave  ;D

Chipping is worth its weight in gold and my cats didnt seem to notice . Lupin however was chipped when he was neutered so out, which was probably a good idea cos he hates vets with a passion.

many cats do not react that well to jabs especially the leukemia one. Lupins first jabs had leuk in them but now dont and have after about 8 years old cats have built up immunity and none of mine get it now although Lupin is only 5.

Although I dont like annual vaccinations for flu, the importance was driven home after Napoleon caught flu at the vets and pased it to his bro Ducha and both were really ill and were no longer vaccinated with vets agreement.

The other two didnt get it and were vaccinated.

The vet told me if a really bad reaction to leuk jab happens it happens very quickly and the cat needs to be back at vets immediately but usually they just feel drowsy for a couple of days.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2015, 13:52:19 PM »
Amazing Dave! So glad you got her back, there are always so many missing cat posters and facebook posts, it's lovely to see a happy ending.
I follow lots of local cat pages and share posts when I can to help people find their cats.

Here's hoping I never have need of them myself!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #325 on: October 26, 2015, 13:48:56 PM »
I know Dave, it's the logical thing to do isn't it? Unfortunately, that won't stop me worrying mind you   :shify:

Did one of yours go missing?
Clio went missing for nearly 4 months, after making a dash out of the front door and panicking. I got her back because of the chip.
Another good idea, if you're on Facebook, is to see if there are any "Pets Lost & Found" pages near you. It turned out that she'd been spotted, though I'd missed the posts. If I'd seen this picture I'd have got her back sooner!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2015, 13:17:56 PM »
nothing stops you worrying next will be when you get them snipped, we just like to worry!
I know!  :oh noo:

I think OH is already traumatised at the thought of it...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2015, 13:03:35 PM »
nothing stops you worrying next will be when you get them snipped, we just like to worry!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2015, 13:01:57 PM »
I know Dave, it's the logical thing to do isn't it? Unfortunately, that won't stop me worrying mind you   :shify:

Did one of yours go missing?

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #321 on: October 26, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »
You'll be glad of the microchip the first time they go missing, even if they're just in a new hiding place indoors that you haven't found yet. It gives you a bit of extra hope that they'll return, and if they actually do go astray, the chip really can bring them home, as I know from first hand experience.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #320 on: October 26, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »
They’re just so precious, I’m utterly in love with them  :Luv2:

Another photo attached. Beau has taken to sleeping on top of Chester whenever he gets the chance. Seeing them snuggled up together just warms my heart.

I’ve booked them in on Friday for 1st vaccinations and micro-chipping. I’m already all nervous about it. Beau is only 8 weeks and still so tiny  :scared:

I’ve never had cats chipped before (it wasn’t a thing when I got my three boys) and of course I've heard all these horror stories so I’m slightly uncertain about it. I’m so much more cautious about things than I used to be, probably because Jake ended up with a cancerous growth at his vaccination site   :(

Also fretting a bit about how they react to the vaccinations. I had a friend whos kitten had a really bad reaction to his vaccinations so of course, that’s popped into my head now I’ve booked them in.  >:(

My default mode is ‘worry’ though, if there’s something to worry about, you can guarantee I’ll find it!  :shy:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2015, 11:52:46 AM »
That is such good news that the Dyson has had such an effect!

Love the pic of Chester with the fizz  :Luv:

Facebook has good points and bad points. I hardly ever use it nowadays....
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Link to CatChat