Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 143530 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »
facebook is a lovely idea but somehow seems to bring out the worst in people, either nastiness or unbearable narcissim!

we love em so keep the pics coming!!

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2015, 08:54:07 AM »
I ignored her at first, but had to comment when she got nasty, couldn't help myself.

I usually try not to let posts on facebook get to me, but it was just so rude! I don't know what it is about social media that makes people think they can say stuff they wouldn't dare say in person!  :Crazy:

So, this week will be the longest the boys will be at home alone. I got up at 6am and played with them for an hour. They also both sat in the bathroom watching me shower like it was the most interesting thing they've ever seen :rofl:
It felt awful locking them in the kitchen for the day.  :'(

OH will be home at 3.30pm, so it's a full 8 hours with them on their own. I wish I could leave them with the living room too, but they're still climbing banisters and chewing cables if left to their own devices in there. I'm hoping they sleep for a lot of it and at least they have each other for company. But today is going to feel like a loooong day until I know they're OK when Andy gets home.

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2015, 18:52:56 PM »
Mmm...I get that a lot as well on my FB page...but if someone does make a negative comment...all I says is

"If you don't like the photos...then ignore or don't comment on it!"

Then I delete their negative post and if I am feeling extra evil....then I delete/block them....because I would rather have my animals than have someone posting  :censored: on my page! lol.  :evillaugh:

Going back to Beau and Chester - Awwww they are doing brilliantly! Loving all the photos and posts about these two little ones.

:Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2015, 13:16:37 PM »
Great news about the asthma.
Not so great about Facebook.
I have some argumentative people as friends on there, and some relatives with political views I regard as obnoxious, but I tolerate most of them. Having a row, especially with relatives, can easily escalate, and make things difficult in real life.
 Someone telling me to get rid of my cats would get me angry though, and if they persisted, they'd be blocked.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #314 on: October 25, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
You can't choose family Nic, but you can ignore them.    ;)   Or you can suggest how you'd get rid of their kids (politely of course).

People can be weird, yes?  Facebook harbours it's fair share and more.

Chester is just gorgeous in that pic.    What normal cat person could resist?   :evillaugh:

Offline McKitties (Katie)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Archie & Luna, RIP Indie
« Reply #313 on: October 25, 2015, 01:54:21 AM »
Great photo of Chester (?)!

FB can be a wicked place, people can steal your thunder and make you feel awful. My friends must be sick to death of me going on about Indie coming and I'm glued to it in case the owner posts any more photos of her!

Great to hear Mr Dyson is doing his job. You must be relieved.

I'm off to research these cat tree/activity centres. Another thing to add to the list!
" Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened "

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2015, 01:34:21 AM »
I LOVE the way he stands up  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Some people are just the nastiest and can be so cruel............Andys aunt.....thats disgraceful!

Just abs late and must go to bed, sleep well

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2015, 01:24:08 AM »
I've been fine tonight!! ;D

Not a single wheeze thanks to Mr Dyson! That's us on beans & toast till payday but hey, I can breathe :-[

The boys are becoming such little cuddle monkeys. Poor OH is feeling a bit put out as they've both started climbing on me for a nap.

I got a bit irritated earlier by someone's comments on Facebook.

I'd shared a pic of Beau sitting on my lap & someone commented how much they hated cats & said "get rid of it"

She also made some nasty comments about ecactly how to get rid of cats on Andy's page...this from his aunt!!!

I tried not to respond but couldn't resist putting her in her place.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!! Don't mess with my babies lady >:(

Another little pic from last night. Chester is so nosey & such a little scrounger!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2015, 01:10:02 AM »
How are you and your kitties tonight Nicola? (if you're still up!)

Hope the Dyson is still doing its job. ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2015, 00:35:52 AM »
so good that others giving advice. my sis has asthma and she cant walk into my house without taking whatever she takes, very sad cos she loves cats.

A new dyson wow.........................I want, I need lol

They are so sweet and make the most of it before they become 6 kilo plus gorgeous cats who still want to send your foot to sleep  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »
Oh I enjoy the red variety too ;)

Chester is the bigger of the two. He's 2 weeks older than Beau.

They're 10 & 8 weeks old.

Yip, my OH is a good 'un. He's in love with those boys.
And yip, these kittens are proving bad for the bank balance!

But as I said last night, we dont have kids, so actually our 'babies' are costing us a lot less than most people our age ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
 ;D ;D
Yay! I'm really pleased you're so much better. What a honey your other half is, so thoughtful. I couldn't help noticing you have other 'medicinal fluids' going too, well that is just vital. I prefer the red variety, but yes, it's essential.  :innocent:

Your boys are gorgeous! I don't know about Andy cos I've never seen him, but your fur babies and beautiful!  :rofl:

It looks like one is much bigger than the other, which is which? They are so fluffy, no wonder you need a Dyson!! Expensive kitties eh?!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2015, 01:53:26 AM »
ps. Look at how cuddly my precious monsters are now.

Can't believe it's only a week ago that Beau was hiding from us!!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2015, 01:50:01 AM »
Thank you Katy! None of that was harsh at all. All sensible advice.

Your wife sounds a bit like me, I never use my steroid inhaler! It lies unused until I get a chest infection...Which luckily I haven't had since I stopped smoking 2 years ago.

But I've been using it twice a day this week. I'm OCD about hand washing now with the boys too & I've had to keep them out of the bedroom, it's such a shame as Chester follows me upstairs every night wanting in :(

But if I didn't have a room to escape to that hasn't been exposed to them I think I'd be in A&E on a nebuliser by now.

I have prednisolone at home left over from my summer hols (I have a Sun allergy too
) and have taken them a couple of times to help. But I'm really wary of steroids as I know they just cripple the immune system.

But, I do have some good news - I'm much better tonight! I came home to a note from Andy saying he'd bought me a present that was completely unromantic but he thought would help....he'd only gone & bought a Dyson to replace our old knackered Hoover!! ;D

It's a pet one with a hepa filter & he'd hoovered everywhere. And other than a slight wheeze, I've been ok tonight!

Fingers crossed it's going to be manageable now. Especially as they're rapidly turning into cuddly lap cats!

I'm so excited for you getting your gorgeous girl btw. She's going to be a stunner!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2015, 00:49:18 AM »
Hi Nicola

I'm reading all your trials and tribulations with your gorgeous boys. It's such a shame you are having such a reaction. I was a nurse for almost 20 years and I thought I could offer some tips to add to all the helpful ones on here, just to get you through until you perhaps become more tolerant.  It must be so disappointing and so frustrating for you :'(

First of all, are you taking your blue and brown inhalers? I sounded like a right mum there didn't I?!  :innocent:

Sorry, not telling you how to suck eggs. My wife who has been asthmatic for years, had a dreadful cold once and was struggling to breath, she was taking her ventolin but not her Becotide. The steroid one made a really big difference once she had started taking it!
The other thing is wash your hands lots, I know that sounds obvious but even doing it randomly whether you've done a kitty contact type job or not, it should help. Also you could get one of those face masks from B&Q , not just the simple paper hospital type, but the ones with side vents. You can use this and gloves for every time you go near the litter tray or even better get your OH to do it.  :rofl:
This is going to be really hard but I would keep Chester and Beau out of your bedroom. As you know, the answer to asthma is to try and remove the thing that's causing it but we don't want that!  :Crazy: Then you would have a heart to fix as well as your lungs!! But if you reduce the contact then that will help.

My apologies if that sounded a bit harsh, just hope it might help a bit. The other thing would be to take a full reducing dose of Prednisolone just to get you through the first month??

I didn't know if you could PM on here or not as I would have used that, but if you need any help any time just shout. Believe me, in 37 sleeps I'll be needing yours and everyone else's help too!

Katie   8)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2015, 17:57:43 PM »
That's fab advice Purdybear, especially like the dark chocolate suggestion! ;)

I'll give the olbas oil a try too.

Hadn't even thought it could be something like the cat tree.

I texted my little brother tonight as he got his 2 cats a couple of years ago & also has asthma.

He had exactly the same reaction to his boys as kittens. He said it wore off after about 4 weeks when he got used to them so fingers crossed its the same for me.

I definitely think their urine is a big part of the problem. As soon as I went near their tray tonight I felt the tightness in my chest. I've used Catsan for years & it's never affected me.

I've seen the wipes & read about petal cleanse but I'm a bit wary of putting stuff on them when they're so teeny tiny.

But if it stays this bad I may need to try it

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2015, 17:43:48 PM »

It's the dander, saliva and urine that causes most allergic reactions. There are wipes you can buy. I am sure someone will know what they are called.

They are gorgeous  :Luv:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2015, 17:26:13 PM »
Nicky you can try eating more dark chocolate, and drinking coffee, as they are supposed to help breathing problems.  I've also found Olbas Oil sniffed is a great lung clearer.  Up all the vitamin C rich foods such as carrots, and broccolli, and also look into nettle tea as its a natural histamine, but needs care as some people have reactions to the later.  I presume you've taken antihistamines if not maybe that's another option.

For the kitties, try wiping them down to get rid of the dander from their coats,  I think they are probably too young for a bath. 

The other thing is may well not be them but something else that is new to the house such as the toys, cat tree, litter as mentioned already etc.

One guy I heard of thought he was allergic to apples but he wasn't it was the pollen from another tree on the apples he reacted to.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:50:37 AM by Purdy Bear »

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2015, 15:34:30 PM »
Oh no!

What about the type of litter you're using?

I'm not asthmatic, and my 3 go outside, but often when I'm volunteering I may have only been there an hour or so changing litter trays and I start to get wheezy?

A lot of it can be quite dusty. I seem to fine if its the wood pellet or the gel (catsan?) type stuff. I think as soon as I open the tub it gets on my chest.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Hero Cat
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2015, 13:14:37 PM »
Love that t-shirt!!

I had a lovely night with the monsters last night.
They're becoming more and more affectionate and I love it when they get all sleepy as they now come and curl up on my lap or tucked in beside me on the sofa.

I had one leg tucked underneath me last night and Beau chose to sleep on my foot on the leg that was tucked under. I ended up losing all feeling in my foot because I couldn't bear to move him  :Luv:

Unfortunately I'm having real problems with my asthma since getting them. The past two nights about 11pm, my chest instantly becomes really tight and I struggle to breathe. last night was particularly bad, to the extent i thought I may end up at A&E  :(

And thats despite major amounts of surface cleaning and hoovering. I'm using my inhaler constantly and even that isn't helping. And I haven't had any bother with asthma in about 10 years!

I got a bit upset last night because I had to take myself off to our bedroom to try and get my breathing under control as it's the one room they haven't been in.

Chester followed me upstairs and did his squeaky little meow outside & I had to get OH to take him away. I felt awful  :'(

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 13:25:05 PM by Nicola (RockysMum) »

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
Is it this T shirt?

I favourited this on Etsy a whila ago - was hoping to get one for my birthday, but didn't  :'(
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2015, 20:53:05 PM »
When our previous 2 were kittens we had brown velour curtains at the patio doors. They looked fine when it was dark - but if we drew them during the day we could see the pattern of little holes, more at the bottom and getting less towards the top, caused by 40 kitten claws!  ;D

Cleo is happy to be cuddled all day, Alfie likes to be near is but is not a cuddle bunny. He comes into his own during the night. At some stage he will come onto the bed. I might wake to find him on my legs, as he jumps onto my tummy (not much fun as he is more than 7kg!), or as his face nuzzles mine. If I am awake enough I will scratch the duvet and he will come onto my chest to have his ears tickled. If I am very lucky, he will lie on my chest, tuck his head under my chin and we will have some real quality time  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #296 on: October 22, 2015, 14:40:14 PM »

Nic, I'd just hang a polite notice on the door saying "Please do not disturb - help  yourself to treats" 

• Hero Cat
« Reply #295 on: October 22, 2015, 13:24:19 PM »

Thinking about all that we've said here though, I believe it's what sets apart true cat lovers from those who may "like" cats, but who don't alter their lives to accommodate their cats. 

We all know what a true privilege and delight it is when our cats choose to spend time with us, actively seek us out, and show us attention.  We miss it when we dont get any, and we hoard it jealously.   :evillaugh:

I am after treating myself to a T shirt I saw recently which said:

"I can't, I'm sorry - I have plans with my cats." 

It's just so "us."   :evillaugh:

:rofl: That's so spot on. My friend messaged me last night wanting to arrange a night out. I replied saying I don't want to arrange anything in the next few weeks because I don't want to leave the monsters  :shy:

I've also decided I'm going to be a right grump and ignoring the kids on Halloween. I usually love it but it'd be far too stressful opening the door repeatedly whilst avoiding escapee kittens. :shocked:
Currently trying to figure out a way to stop them knocking the door - because our letterbox terrifies the monsters and sends them fleeing under sofas....

I did suggest putting a poster on the door saying "Don't knock - kittens sleeping" and leaving sweets on the doorstep.

But Andy said the neighbours will think i'm a crackpot and the local tenenagers will just take all the sweets  :doh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #294 on: October 22, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »

Thinking about all that we've said here though, I believe it's what sets apart true cat lovers from those who may "like" cats, but who don't alter their lives to accommodate their cats. 

We all know what a true privilege and delight it is when our cats choose to spend time with us, actively seek us out, and show us attention.  We miss it when we dont get any, and we hoard it jealously.   :evillaugh:

I am after treating myself to a T shirt I saw recently which said:

"I can't, I'm sorry - I have plans with my cats." 

It's just so "us."   :evillaugh:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #293 on: October 22, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
ftp://
Awwww Susanne, that was lovely to read.

They bring so much to our lives don't they?

Only true cat lovers understand what it like to grit your teeth through a leg cramp or sacrifice all comfort in bed because you don't want to disturb the cat ;D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I had to grit my teeth this morning and...not do the washing up as Billy had followed me into the kitchen for cuddles. That's sacrifice that is!   :rofl:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #292 on: October 22, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »

Our two both loved tuna as a treat when they were younger, but won't touch it now.   :-:

You're right Nic - they are such a source of joy.  It's just what you needed.   :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »
The monsters had their first taste of tuna last night.

I bought a lttle tin of applaws tuna for kittens and they went nuts for it. They were so enthusiastic that they were wearing almost as much tuna as they ate. Chester was actually IN the dish at one point ;D

Then they perched on the coffee table and gave gave each other a good, thorough face washing  :Luv:  :Luv:

They are just such a source of pure joy.

Other than the fact that they have finally discovered the curtains...  >:(  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2015, 09:22:35 AM »
Money well spent there.  :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #289 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »
they are so cute but have to say the kittie furniture is pretty cool as well!
I'm so delighted with the cat tree. I worried they wouldn't use it but they absolutely love it!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #288 on: October 22, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
they are so cute but have to say the kittie furniture is pretty cool as well!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2015, 20:09:14 PM »
I really wish I could sleep as soundly as these kittens!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2015, 19:33:17 PM »

Only true cat lovers understand what it like to grit your teeth through a leg cramp or sacrifice all comfort in bed because you don't want to disturb the cat ;D

Oh hell yes.   :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2015, 19:18:40 PM »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2015, 19:10:35 PM »
Oh Sue!  :Luv2:

Chester sounds like my son when he was small 'I'm not ti... :catlove2:'
He's like a toddler. Fights it till he collapses!

I'm so completely besotted with them.

Is it normal to be so completely overwhelmed with love for these wee creatures that I feel a bit choked up?

Honestly, I'm sitting here with them sleeping beside me like bookends. Beau gave me a good wash earlier & I had a lump in my throat  ^-^

How anyone can ever be cruel to animals is beyond me!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2015, 19:05:22 PM »
Oh bless him  :Luv:

It's impossible not to smile when there's a kitten (or two) around.

I love my special time with my boys.  Mosi's special time is bedtime.  he curls up just below the pillow sort of tucked up under my chin (did that as a kitten but too big to fit under my chin now!).  I snuggle up to him and we have our special moment.  Sometimes he sleeps there all night and other times he moves further down the bed after an appropriate amount of time.  Kito's special time is waking up.  He understands that it's Mosi's time at night and just lies down on my legs.  But at about 5.30 he head butts me awake if I'm asleep, kneads my face (with claws out), lies over my neck with tummy exposed for tummy rubs, purrs loud enough to wake the dead (but not Mosi it seems) and dribbles.  Every few minutes he has to re-arrange himself as he slowly slides off my face so needs to get back on top of me.  This goes on for about an hour usually and gradually he moves to a position that is still more on me than beside me but not completely on top of me and then he's beside me but leaning against me then he lies just beside me all purred out.  I am a soggy mess by then but unless it's essential I get up I let it run it's course because I cherish the moment and the fact that he is so chilled out he forgets to swallow  :rofl:  He's affectionate the rest of the time but not to that extent and it's a very fine way to start the day  :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2015, 15:55:53 PM »
Oh Sue!  :Luv2:

Chester sounds like my son when he was small 'I'm not ti... :catlove2:'

• Hero Cat
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2015, 09:43:10 AM »

Sometimes My Moray is so growed up, I scarce get a second glance, but then when he patters to the side of my bed during the night and looks at me, and I tug the duvet back, and he clambers in beside me, and I make a tent, by raising my knees and shoving an arm in the air, he lies across my tummy and treadles himself to sleep, purring softly, letting me know I'm still his bestest meowmy.   :Luv:

That is just so sweet. Bestest meowmy ever  :blow kiss:

I'm still really missing my bedtime snuggles from Bailey. He slept tucked up beside me with his head on my pillow

So, last night the monsters kept us up until 1am. They definitely must have slept all day because they were bonkers all night last night  :Crazy:

Chester was clearly really tired as his wee legs were getting wobbly and he kept missing the mark when jumping. but ohhhh how he fought it. he was staggering around like a drunk before he finally collapsed in his bed  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2015, 06:50:42 AM »

There can be no privacy for you and Andy now, Nic.  Nope.    :-:   You are both their devoted slaves, and must be available 24/7.

I would say, enjoy it to the max, as when they grow older, they'll begin to raise you in the cat poker stakes.    :shify: They'll go all aloof on you, and will be willing you to make the first move. (will she?  will she?)  :innocent:  And the second, and the third, and so on.  :sneaky:  But when you do, and they see you still do, they'll adore you for that, and you'll continue to have the best and most winning of moments with them.   ;D

It's at that stage, a lot of people fall out of love with their cats, because they think their cats dont love them any  more, but that's a huge mistake.  It's how cats work.  They just don't "get it."   

Sometimes My Moray is so growed up, I scarce get a second glance, but then when he patters to the side of my bed during the night and looks at me, and I tug the duvet back, and he clambers in beside me, and I make a tent, by raising my knees and shoving an arm in the air, he lies across my tummy and treadles himself to sleep, purring softly, letting me know I'm still his bestest meowmy.   :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2015, 02:05:41 AM »
They're absulotely hyper tonight. Must be because they were on their own all afternoon for the 1st time. They must have spent it snoozing.

They've just crashed out after hours of madness. Beau has decided to sleep in my handbag. Chester...upside down on my chest :)

Someone set up a video cam so she coud see how the cats behaved when she was at work and yes they slept lol.

Beau fell asleep on my lap earlier & for 20 minutes I did nothing because the tv remote, kindle & phone were all out of reach.:)

Oh this made me laugh, like some thing from Simons Cat  :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat