Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 143534 times)

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2015, 20:53:02 PM »
They're absulotely hyper tonight. Must be because they were on their own all afternoon for the 1st time. They must have spent it snoozing.

They've just crashed out after hours of madness. Beau has decided to sleep in my handbag. Chester...upside down on my chest :)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2015, 19:32:00 PM »
Sky triggered my asthma when I first got her.  I had a month on anti-histamines and I was fine.

They're so cute and are making me kitten broody :)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2015, 19:09:13 PM »
It was a shock, my asthma playing up. It never, ever bothers me!
On Saturday night it got so bad I had to take steroids I had left over from my holidays (Sun allergy - which also sucks)

Will update on whether this stuff helps when it gets here.

It's been ok tonight, I've found wiping down all the surfaces & giving cushions a good shake outside seems to help.

They've followed me everywhere tonight, Had both of them in the loo with me as they just did squeaky meows outside the door when I left them. (Well, Chester did. Beau has a silent meow)

Beau fell asleep on my lap earlier & for 20 minutes I did nothing because the tv remote, kindle & phone were all out of reach.:)

So I just sat quietly gazing at him & thinking how glad I am that I let these little monsters into my life :)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #275 on: October 20, 2015, 18:17:19 PM »
They are adorable.  Both gorgeous but Chester is such a poser!

Petal cleanse is supposed to be good.

Fortunately cats don't seem to set off my asthma although when Mosi curls up on my pillow and I have a face full of fur it can make my chest a bit tight.  My asthma has got worse over the past few years and someone recently suggesedt that maybe it's due to cats but I wouldn't even consider not having them so I just keep on taking my inhalers!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2015, 18:16:19 PM »
I know way back some used petal cleanse but cant remember how good it was.

Love the handle bar tash  ;D ;D

I feel quite jealous and they are progressing so well and yes two are better than one  ;D ;D ;D

Hope your asthma gives you a break  :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2015, 18:08:58 PM »
It was so nice coming home to their wee faces tonight. They were so pleased to see me ^-^

Yes Sue, that cute little tache is what caught my eye about Chester, his Markings are so unusual & he has the cheekiest face!

I didn't know you could get wipes for the dander, thank you! Had a Google about it & I've just bought some Bio-life allergy spray for the house. It gets brilliant reviews & I thought I'd try that 1st.

Although they also make something called petal cleanse for cats fur, so if need be I can try that.

I vaguely remember being like this when I got Bailey too, hopefully I'll build up an immunity to them.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2015, 18:02:40 PM »
  I've only just realised that Chester has the most wonderful white moustachio  :wow: :Luv2:   How did I not see it before?!!

Loving the piccies.   :Luv: :Luv:

It's really sweet that they do everything together, even down to using the tray.  :evillaugh:  And I'm so chuffed Beau is gaining confidence daily.  What a clever little lad.  :)

Typical, when you're trying to catch something so endearing as Chester playing "fetch" that he stops  :-:  Happens with me all the time.  Although it is how I got a rather fab piccie of Moray looking incredibly grumpy when I managed to wake him up.  :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2015, 14:49:11 PM »
Awwww, sweet!  :Luv2:

I once had a cat who loved to play 'fetch' with curtain hooks  ;D

Did you know that you can get various products that help reduce animal dander? I know there are damp wipes that you use to wipe down the cats but don't know whether they are any good.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2015, 14:13:33 PM »
aww they are just gorgeous in those pics. I used to give kittens a biggish leg bone from the butchers but it can be a tad messy. They do like it though :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

• Hero Cat
« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
Beau is a different kitten from when he arrived home on Thursday night. It’s heartwarming to see how confident he’s become :Luv2:

We had a visit from my mum and her OH last night and he didn’t hide away at all and played with them like a wee champ. When they last visited on Friday he spent the entire time cowering under the sofa. ;D

Chester has now realised that there are closed doors upstairs and that closed doors lead to new exciting places. He spent a lot of last night sniffing around the doors and meowing loudly.

Unfortunately I’m having to keep them out of the bedroom as they’re setting off my asthma really badly.

To distract him I started throwing one of his balls up stairs for him to chase. And unbelievably, he now plays fetch. It’s the cutest thing. The ball is a soft fuzzy one and he picks it up in his teeth and brings it back to me like a wee dog. :briggin:
OH tried to get it on camera last night but inevitably, that just stopped him doing it.

They are both eating huge amounts, but will only eat out of the same dish. If I put two down they just move between them in tandem. I’m so glad I got two, they’re so precious together. If chester loses sight of beau for a minute he paces and wails till he finds him. they even go to the litter tray together, if one of them is using it the other one perches on the edge and 'supervises' then they bury it together   :wow:

I’m pining for the two of them already as this is my first day at work away from them

A few more photos. I just love showing my boys off.

Chester is fascinated by anything we’re drinking but was particularly intrigued by Andy’s beer last night. There’s one of them as they fell asleep on my lap. Best feeling in the world (please excuse the cardboard, it’s the only way we can stop Chester crawling in the tv unit and chewing cables!)

He’s chewing really hard on everything just now, wonder if he’s got teeth coming in?  :-: Any ideas of something more appropriate that he could use for chewing? At the moment it’s cables, his tree and the end of the plastic rod toys :naughty:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2015, 08:33:45 AM »
What news of Daring Chester and Bodacious Beau this morning?   :wow:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2015, 01:33:49 AM »
A little elephant careering around  :rofl:

I think we all are enjpying all their antics and the pics and videos....................thank goodness Lupin was 10 months old when he arrived here lol

I just love your two  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2015, 13:05:08 PM »

Of course he's a Lion.  And Beau's a Tiger.  In your living room.......  how scary is that?   :evillaugh: 

• Hero Cat
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
Brought out Da Bird just now.
It instantly turned Chester into a fearsome killer complete with rumbling growls! >:D>:D>:D

He went completely crazy for it but is far too good at catching it & then refusing to let it go.

His jaw was licked so tight on it I had to slowly slide it out of his mouth sideways.

The growl makes me laugh. He's so tiny & cute but he clearly thinks he's a lion

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2015, 12:16:35 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  There is only one thing more energising to a household than a kitten - and that's two or more kittens.   :rofl: :rofl:   They will always outflank, and outwit us.  How utterly adorable is Chester in that middle picture?   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

And even when they're all growed up, and big, strong, hansum adult cats, there will always remain within them that little kittenish streak, that you'll still get a glimpse of from time to time, and which makes your heart melt all over again.   :Luv:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »
Yip, definitely 2 Mosis, they are wild!! I've never had 2 kittens together so it's hilarious watching their antics.

But they totally egg each other on. When they wake up its food, kitten yoga stretches, poop and....2 solid hours of utter madness.

Despite being 2 weeks younger, Beau appears to be much more coordinated. Chester has bashed his head so many times I'm amazed he's still standing.
His brain needs to catch up with his legs ;D

Beau is very brave, loves to climb. And this morning he jumped through the banisters!!! We've blocked off the higher part & left the part above the sofa open.

He was through before I even registered that he was on the stairs, so rather than rush up to try & grab him I just watched with my heart in my mouth in case I needed to catch him.

Little monster plonked down gracefully on the sofa & raced straight round wanting to do it again!!:-[

Few more pics & a video Beau playing his favourite game with OH

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXiOmFamM-c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EXiOmFamM-c</a>

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2015, 08:21:02 AM »
Flying through but had to stop to say what adorable kittens  :Luv: :Luv:

Your nerves will be in pieces by the time they are 6 months  :rofl:  Sounds like they are more Mosis than Kitos  ;)  Kito is lively and loves to play and run around of course, but he actually sleeps which is more than Mosi seemed to do when he was that age.  Mosi was the most hyperactive kitten I've ever known (still sleeps less than Kito even though he's approaching 10) and I was bracing myself for that with Kito and I end up with the most well behaved kitten ever.  He actually sleeps through the night and part of the evening (after tea and play when I get in from work) and I assume he sleeps for at least part of the day when I'm out.

I'm glad Beau is getting more confident.  Some just need a bit longer to settle and get their bearings.  Kito hid for a couple of hours when I brought him home but he bounces around full of confidence now.

Funny I was thinking of Mr Myagi as I was reading this thread (still have that photo saves somewhere) and then Rosella posted that pic  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2015, 21:14:14 PM »
I have never seen that picture either  :shocked:  :rofl: :rofl:

They certainly try our patience and our nerves  :innocent:

No Lupin doesnt know how to purr, very sad I would love him to purr. Mind you its only recently he has enjoyed strokes......................in  moderation.

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #260 on: October 18, 2015, 19:18:35 PM »
Aww talk about cute!

Really glad that Beau is much more confident and actively seeking snuggles. Chester sounds like a mini version of my 10 month old Winnie lol. Going round the house like a nutter and getting in crazy situations (too us anyway lol).

Your niece is lovely and definitely a wonderful animal lover. My friend Lewis's son Rhys is like that as well. Both have the patience not to rush at a nervous animal. Winnie was really nervous when she first arrived...but when she was introduced to Rhys the day after she arrived home...Winnie came out of her shell and was purring within minutes...and hasn't stopped since lol.

Loving the video and photos...looking forward to lots more lol.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Hero Cat
« Reply #259 on: October 18, 2015, 18:29:40 PM »
OMG! Just realised you provided a link Rosella. I know I shouldn't....but I laughed so much.

Thank you for sharing, I now feel less of a terrible cat mum ;D;D;D;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2015, 18:25:20 PM »
Ps. Chester managed to get his head stuck in a toy earlier.  It's one of those circular plastic tracks with a mouse in it.  Instead of batting it with his paw, he decide to wedge his head in the tiny hole on the side. His head didn't come out as easily as it went in.... He was fine after I got his daft noggin released.

Delighted all was well   :care: for Chester and :beer: for you  ;)

Anyone remember when the fire crew came out to rescue Mr Myagi?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,36863.msg653714.html#msg653714

Poor lamb but what a pic  :evillaugh:
Rosella what happened there?!m We must have cross posted so I missed this! Is that your cat? ;D

And is that a toy car its stuck in?!! Goodness, they certainly know how to test us:-[

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2015, 18:07:00 PM »

Gawd these posts have  made me laugh.  :rofl: 

I recall when Mac tumbled through our spindles (we have a similar set up Nic) - my heart literally stopped as I saw him fall, rushed to his aid, to see him land safely on the top of the sofa which backs up to the bannister.  He was of course completely unharmed and undaunted, but I couldnt say the same for me.  :Crazy:  We also had to block our bannisters off for a while until he gained a little more finesse. 

Am not surprised that Beau is gaining in confidence, and actively seeking out snuggles.   :Luv:

Rosella, thanks for posting that.  I'd never seen that photo.   :shy: :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2015, 17:55:40 PM »
Alfie likes to do 'acrocatics' on the bannisters and it always gives me conniptions! He is a big lad and a bit clumsy. His party trick is to go from the horizontal rail at the top of the stairs to the diagonal one going up/down and from there to the stairs  :naughty:
Sometimes I think they do it just to wind us up & have a good laugh at us :-[

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2015, 17:55:38 PM »
Ps. Chester managed to get his head stuck in a toy earlier.  It's one of those circular plastic tracks with a mouse in it.  Instead of batting it with his paw, he decide to wedge his head in the tiny hole on the side. His head didn't come out as easily as it went in.... He was fine after I got his daft noggin released.

Delighted all was well   :care: for Chester and :beer: for you  ;)

Anyone remember when the fire crew came out to rescue Mr Myagi?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,36863.msg653714.html#msg653714

Poor lamb but what a pic  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 17:56:34 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2015, 17:43:14 PM »
Alfie likes to do 'acrocatics' on the bannisters and it always gives me conniptions! He is a big lad and a bit clumsy. His party trick is to go from the horizontal rail at the top of the stairs to the diagonal one going up/down and from there to the stairs  :naughty:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2015, 17:32:35 PM »
Not just fearless as kittens!

Lupin is 5 now and still acts like a kitten but please send nBeau to teach him how to Purr !

I have blocked up most of the gaps between the banisters cos Lupin hangs out and terrified he will jump, they dont think about what bthey might land on  :scared: :scared:

Cant beieve how Beau has changed in such a short time, guess he knows he is loved and has a forever home and is totally happy with life  ;D

What is HTC?
Our Beau is a different cat in just a couple of days. He's so trusting of us now. Likes a tummy rub as he falls asleep :)

Your Lupin is such a stunner Gill, does he not purr?

We've now blocked the banisters too. He's obsessed with high places & I'm not taking any chances. Chesters problem is he has no co-ordination & travels at mega high speed. He's constantly bashing into things & missing jumps.

Thank God for a good hairdresser, I'm getting greyer by the minute with this pair!

HTC is the make of my phone, I'm posting from it using taptalk as getting the laptop out just now is impossible. Didn't even realise it puts that bit at the end of my posts & haven't got a clue what it stands for ;D

Think I've switched it off now. ::)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2015, 17:14:22 PM »
Not just fearless as kittens!

Lupin is 5 now and still acts like a kitten but please send nBeau to teach him how to Purr !

I have blocked up most of the gaps between the banisters cos Lupin hangs out and terrified he will jump, they dont think about what bthey might land on  :scared: :scared:

Cant beieve how Beau has changed in such a short time, guess he knows he is loved and has a forever home and is totally happy with life  ;D

What is HTC?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2015, 16:35:12 PM »
Oh my word.  People forget to tell you about the shock to the nerves as well.  One of our dogs, a Corgi x German Shepherd fell in out 5 ft deep pond the first time we got him home from rescue.  He was fine and got himself out.  He was fine.

I hope Chester is fine.
He's fine thankfully. I'd forgotten quite how nuts kittens are. Watching them get more and more adventurous is wonderful, but Good Lord, they are fearless!
Today they have discovered how much fun stairs are....And I have an open plan living room!! Beau keeps racing upstairs & sticking his head through the gaps in the banister. Closely followed by me...with OH watching from below ready to catch him in case he leaps :o

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2015, 16:23:31 PM »
Oh my word.  People forget to tell you about the shock to the nerves as well.  One of our dogs, a Corgi x German Shepherd fell in out 5 ft deep pond the first time we got him home from rescue.  He was fine and got himself out.  He was fine.

I hope Chester is fine.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2015, 14:14:46 PM »
Ps. Chester managed to get his head stuck in a toy earlier.
It's one of those circular plastic tracks with a mouse in it.
Instead of batting it with his paw, he decide to wedge his head in the tiny hole on the side. His head didn't come out as easily as it went in....

He was fine after I got his daft noggin released. I however, need a large glass of wine & a lie down ;D;D;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2015, 11:14:17 AM »
They are both very sweet. Beau will undoubtedly flourish in time. But I have to say, your niece is amazing. A small person who gives a shy kitty so much love & respect is a very special small person.
She was so good with them. She's crazy about animals - has 3 cats & 5 pet rats :o

I was amazed by her patience with Beau,  Although she did say "I just want to pick him up & snuggle him sooo much!"

She was so proud that he jumped up beside her. Her little face was a picture!

I don't think she'll need to wait long for snuggles, he's currently asleep on his back sprawled across my lap.

To think we could barely get to touch him 2 days ago!;D;D;D

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »
They are both very sweet. Beau will undoubtedly flourish in time. But I have to say, your niece is amazing. A small person who gives a shy kitty so much love & respect is a very special small person.
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Hero Cat
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »

Aren't they settling in well already?   ;D ;D  Am loving the video footage as well as the still photos.  You take very good photos.   :)
You should see some of the other photos, blurred snippets of fur or floor ;D

Photos work best when they're sleepy. A bit like cuddles ;)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »
Beau purred for the 1st time last night :D ❤
And this morning when I came down to the kitchen they both came running straight to me.
I almost cried;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »

Aren't they settling in well already?   ;D ;D  Am loving the video footage as well as the still photos.  You take very good photos.   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2015, 08:28:42 AM »
only a matter of time with the dinner!!!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2015, 18:04:56 PM »
They settle down great at night & sleep through. Although their last manic frenzied hour of playing seems to happen precisely at the point we are ready to go to bed. So we just stay up with them until they crash out!

I woke up at 6am this morning needing the loo & of course I couldn't wait any longer to see them so I've been up since then!

They're amazing. I'm just completely besotted.

I brought my niece Mya to see them after riding today. She loved them.

Chester played with her like a hooligan. Beau hid & peeked out every now & again for a nosey. But she was really good at just sitting quietly with him & he eventually hopped up beside her for a wee play.

Beau attempted to steal my dinner off my lap last night too, he's definitely getting bolder

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7weLGb8CVF8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7weLGb8CVF8</a>

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2015, 17:20:38 PM »

:Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2015, 15:53:22 PM »
 :Luv2:  :Luv:  :Luv2:  :Luv:  :briggin:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2015, 13:50:50 PM »
Oh they are doing so well and they love that tree  ;D

So pleased Beau has found himself and they bare so cute together  :Luv2: :Luv2: