Author Topic: Not much sleep as Leo has a touch of cystitis  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Not much sleep as Leo has a touch of cystitis
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 19:06:37 PM »
My vet will charge a 'setup dispensing' fee but thats instead of a consult not along with it  :Crazy: hope hes back to normal soon

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 19:43:48 PM »
Bless Leo, hope he feels much better soon!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 19:32:41 PM »
Thanks all.. he seems much more relaxed tonight.. But i still have not seen him use the litter tray.. We did have a walk around earlier so maybe he went outside!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 17:28:13 PM »
I was charged £41 sat morning for FiFi and her cystitis , had to go back yesterday as she was no better (also couldn;;t find anything wrong -2 injections and tablets -took 5 to no effect)
£13 yesterday for 2 injections and off again tonight as she is still the same + 30mile round trip each time =petrol !

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 16:58:52 PM »
Hope Leo feels better soon Sharon  :hug:

like the bit about the bill - I concur  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 16:51:22 PM »
Lets hope he starts to feel better quickly. It is probably a good thing if it is bacterial as there is much less chance of it recurring than with the other. Did they recommend cystaid? - Mannose-d (a type of glucose - an expensive type  :evillaugh: ) is supposed to be a good way to treat bacterial cystitis
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Not much sleep as Leo has a touch of cystitis
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 16:38:17 PM »
I am been awake since 4am . as last night Leo had a bout out cystitis. He was not able to go for a pee despite lots of attempts.. i am sure he has held onto it during the day as not keen on this cold weather.. I had the tray down all the time.. I got him to the vets this morning. Fine in himself but i think he has given himself a infection or something as the urge is still to go even though he has not.

The vets however did not find a blocked bladder or anything and nothing wrong.. So we put it down to an infection. He has a injection of synlox and some tablets to take for a few days. Plus i need to get a urine sample to rule out crystals.

He seems more relaxed and not so stressed now and has been out for a quick walk around.Eating fine and alert.

However 2 nights in a row without much sleep cannot be said for the same for me.. Tonight i will need to lock him in one room to make sure he uses the tray to collect the urine sample!! Otherwise Bella will be using it.. I expect he want be too pleased being locked out the main part of the house and not on my bed! Lets hope he does not moew all night!

BTW the bill was 44.00 which included a fiver for "injection fee" in other words a fee for the doing the injection. While another for the drugs in the injection.. I have to say i am not sure what else vets can put on their bill.. !! Maybe charge to clean the surgery table after the last patient.. Or charge to sit on the chairs in the waiting room...! Leo is insured but it comes under the amount the excess needed to pay..

£26 for a consult is roughtly 2 quid per minute...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 16:43:28 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat