Author Topic: Chicken wings  (Read 1393 times)

Offline golden eagle

• Adult Cat
Re: Chicken wings
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 14:43:03 PM »
my two kittens love chicken wings. Only experimented with chicken wings about 3 wks ago and never looked back. I get mine from Tesco's a big packet costs less than £2 and lasts 2 wks. I give half a chicken wing to each per day (chop each wing into 6 smaller portions to make it easier for them eat). I then freeze the remainder each wing wrapped up in a bit of baking sheet so that they are easy to separate when taken out of the freezer. Gandalf actually growls at Mishka if she is anywhere near him when he eats his portion. He is sooo greedy.  :naughty:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 18:59:29 PM »
Iv been known to wiggle them in the grass making mice noises  :-[ :rofl: in the summer they have them outside

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 20:28:01 PM »
Someone on another Pets board used to tie string to the chicken wing and make catching it a game; eventually their cats realised it was good to eat. Bit messy tho!!  :shify:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 16:55:28 PM »
Definitely raw, cooked bones are dangerous as they splinter easily.  My cats weren't interested in raw wings and looked at me like I was crazy , I think there's quite a few on here that regularly feed raw wings with great success though.

Offline catwomyn

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 16:52:58 PM »
brilliant, thanks. do I feed them raw? My cats aren't too keen on raw meat. I tried them with that frozen chicken mince when they had the runs, and they turned their noses up.

They also turned their noses up when I offered them pig hearts - both raw and cooked - I used to work in a college which had a butcher on site, and got the hearts for free!

I'm not squeamish about meat, I will cook meat for people but am a blit clueless with it really.

thanks again

Offline hales

• Adult Cat
  • our lovely kitty
    • my website
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 16:49:12 PM »
they do them at tesco and asda.
kitty loves them! :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 16:43:58 PM »
They sell them in all supermarkets, just in the normal chicken section.  The ones I bought came in a massive portion so if you only want a couple to try then you'd pobably be better off asking in a butchers, although I appreciate that may be a step too far for a veggie  :shy:

Offline catwomyn

• Kitten
Chicken wings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 16:36:06 PM »
Hi, I've read a lot on here about chicken wings being good to feed cats. I feel a bit daft asking this but where do you buy them from? (I'm veggie so don't have a clue!!!) :-[

I don't even know if people eat chicken wings...
thanks

Catwomyn

Link to CatChat