Author Topic: Neutering / what would you do in my situation?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Neutering / what would you do in my situation?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
Depending how they open them up it may be a good idea for them to stay overnight, who was it in france who had a lot of problems with the wound popping open etc because of the surgical approach of vets over there, ended up the cat being bandaged  :shocked:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
if its a girl best to go for best treatment cos boys op easier  :hug:

I'd echo this - and Dolce is a girl, I believe

an overnight stay at the vet is only worth paying extra for if the surgery is properly staffed through the night though

otherwise I think taking her home once she has come round and seems to be OK is alright too as long as the vet is available 24/7 in case you have any problems
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:01 AM »
The 3rd option probably would use the cheaper aneasethics so i would go visit them all and enquire what they use, i had a cat done where i shouldnt have (new to area) and he took 24hrs post op to stand up! I knew no difference then but now i know how quickly they should be up on their feet i realise just how lucky he was to survive that  :scared: :scared:

Converting to pounds the 400 pesos would be about right for what gets charged here however i would pay the high end price if that meant they were safer

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »
If you're worried, I'd definitely go and look round each place. They shouldn't have an issue with that.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
Is the public place a charity or welfare organisation? - if so, I would expect them to be as good as anywhere else - in fact I'm sure the standards would be very high and no chance of them using unlicensed drugs.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 09:27:37 AM »
There is rarely any need for the cats to be kept in overnight - in fact I think they are happier in their own homes, so this is not something I would pay a premium for. I think middle option seems best but then it is a fairly routine op. Gills advice is sound, go and check them out.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:31:09 AM »
if its a girl best to go for best treatment cos boys op easier  :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 01:23:09 AM »
I assume you are not in the UK as you are talking about pesos? In that case we don't know what the standard of veterinary care is like in your country - best advice is to visit each vet's surgery and see which looks cleanest etc. Any good vet will happily give you a tour to get your business.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline DolceNGabanna

• Adult Cat
Neutering / what would you do in my situation?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 00:31:53 AM »
There is this Dr Pet high end place that asks for 1200 pesos and they keep the cat for one night.

There are in between places that ask for about 400 pesos.

And there is a public place where they neuter them for 52 pesos.

Bf says we can go to the cheapest place but I am worried. What if they use cheaper anesthetics, etc? Wouldn't you want the best for your cat? I made an appointment for the Dr Pet place but now I am not sure if that would be unnecesarily expensive.

Please tell me I am not crazy for wanting the very best treatment for my Dolce!!

PS Just 2 hours to meet future Gabanna!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to CatChat