Author Topic: This is why you should not apply over the counter flea treatments!  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: This is why you should not apply over the counter flea treatments!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 21:25:51 PM »
No problem and thought I would just add it while I remembered  ;D

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 21:24:31 PM »
Just must remind everyone though that Frontline is available over the counter now and there is nothing wrong with it as the ordinary frontline needs no prescription now.

Sorry Gill, should have added that bit. Totally forgot as I was busy jumping up and down at the crassness of some folk who thought that they would just reduce the does of dog treatments they would put on the cat and then wondered why the cat ends up mega poorly!  :censored:
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 21:22:03 PM »
Just must remind everyone though that Frontline is available over the counter now and there is nothing wrong with it as the ordinary frontline needs no prescription now.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
This is why you should not apply over the counter flea treatments!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 21:18:18 PM »
A lot of inexperinced cat owners use over the counter flea treatments or flea collars and I know that some struggle to understand as to why some of us more seasoned veterans are against them.

Then please look at this. It is an Amercian site and is mainly aimed at Hartz, but there are a lot of Hartz stuff in our supermarkets and pet stores now and people are tempted to buy them as they are cheaper. Please DON'T. You cat and even your dog is at risk. This does not apply just to Hartz but to other OTC's as well.

Some of the piccies show extensive damage to cats neck and some descriptions are a bit harrowing as well.

http://www.hartzvictims.org/
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Link to CatChat