Author Topic: Mum's cat hurt herself.  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Mum's cat hurt herself.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 19:21:17 PM »
I have a couple of bottles. I will give her a call tomorrow. I basically said the same as you. One larger dose may be the way to go and too small a dose might be ineffective. Anyway, I wasn't prepared to commit myself. I suppose it comes from talking to people on the CP line. Like the woman today who was telling me over & over about her cats symptoms. I kept telling her "TALK TO A VET" as I wasn't qualified to diagnose  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 19:13:08 PM »
Theres no point if its broken up, bodyweight dose once aday. The reason they dont give a bottle is people can be lethal with a whole one!

I hope the syringe is a kg graduated one not an ordinary one, that would be way too much  :scared: the whole bottle is only 15ml and lasts one cat ages.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 19:12:02 PM »
WHAT ?????

They are taking the  :censored: Mark !!!!!!!

She could have bought a whole bottle for £15 from the vet

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 19:09:08 PM »
She said she thought it was best to give 1ml 3 times a day and asked what I thought. I told her I'm not a vet and to phone hers  :evillaugh: - she said there were no instructions. I asked about the box - she said there wasn't a box. They just gave her a small amount in a brown bottle with a syringe. It cost her £48 with the consultation  :Crazy:

Hopefully she sorted it out OK as this was yesterday and I forgot to post about it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 19:10:03 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 19:07:35 PM »
Noo not 3ml! The syringe you get measures it out with the graduations for the weight of the cat in kg. Please check she doesnt have any other syringe Mark  :scared: :scared:

A 3kg dose is a small amount and can easily be given in her mouth  ;D

Sorry you are right....
I have to give Freddy 3 graduations

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 18:39:54 PM »
Ooh, ouch! poor Shelley.  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 18:38:27 PM »
Noo not 3ml! The syringe you get measures it out with the graduations for the weight of the cat in kg. Please check she doesnt have any other syringe Mark  :scared: :scared:

A 3kg dose is a small amount and can easily be given in her mouth  ;D

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 18:36:26 PM »
I have to give Freddy 3ml at a time so that sounds about right.

Hope she is feeling better soon xxxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Mum's cat hurt herself.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 18:27:53 PM »
My mum was gardening and was trying to rake up some moss. Her cat Shelly is a scatty lunatic who flies around all over the place. She came flying out from the house and ran straight into the rake handle, bashing her head. My mum bathed it but it started swelling and her eye closed up. My mum ordered a cab and took her straight to the vet. They say there isn't any serious damage but the eye will be bloodshot when it opens. They have given her some Metacam. She said they prescribed 3ml but she isn't sure whether to give it all at once or 1ml at a time. I told her to ring them. Poor Shelley - anyway, hopefully it will have knocked some sense into her and she might slow down  :-: - poor baby  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat