Author Topic: Baby's weight  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Baby's weight
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:46 PM »
Fingers crossed the bloods dont show anything nasty, it is odd to lose weight if she is eating well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 22:08:53 PM »
Think that bloods will be a good idea then, sorry ...............lets hope its just all the changes and stuff cos if her coat is growing well and she is eating , this all sounds good  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 22:06:12 PM »
the stresses of a new environment plus all her medical interventions may contribute to her lack of weight gain. she is probably burning a lot more adrenalin than usual.

Ah, yes, I never really thought about that, thanks  :thanks: Everything else about her is fine, her coat is coming through lovely now (she'd scratched so much from all the fleas, there were several bald patches), but the coat is thickening up and actually makes her look bigger which is why I though she must have gained weight. She's lively enough (heard her in the early hours chasing a screwed up paper bag around the room LOL).

that she is eating is a good sign. cant remember how old she is rthough

She's about 9 Gill

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 21:11:34 PM »
that she is eating is a good sign. cant remember how old she is rthough and if young probably its just taking time to get over the vets and change of home etc ........hope she puts on weight soon  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 20:36:44 PM »
Hope she starts to pick up Gill - i have had the opposite with FiFi -she looks rounder by the day ! ;D

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 19:45:03 PM »
I dont really know what to say except fingers crossed its just a little blip and that she will soon start to pick up.  :hug:  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 19:42:50 PM »
the stresses of a new environment plus all her medical interventions may contribute to her lack of weight gain. she is probably burning a lot more adrenalin than usual. I would be cautiously optimistic about the potential results of bloods, simply because the poor girl has had a lot to deal with, and we never gain weight when worried ... (well, unless we are like me and stuff our faces with food in a compensatory way )

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Baby's weight
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 19:38:19 PM »
Baby's been here nearly a month now and as some of you know she had to have several teeth out recently plus a lump removed from her tongue (lab results did not find any signs of tumour - although my vet says it can never be ruled out - happy soul isnt she? LOL!). Baby was underweight when she first got here at 3.1 kg - just over a week later she had her teeth op, and weighed less at 2.8 kg. Today (2 weeks later) she's had her second vaccination and her weight was 2.7 kg - now I know its not significant losses, but I really thought she'd have gained some, not lost some, so its a bit disappointing. She's certainly eating well. She's also still got inflammation in her mouth and has another course of antibiotics. Anyway, vet wants to do bloods in a couple of weeks.

Link to CatChat