Author Topic: Foam around the tray  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Foam around the tray
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 23:35:13 PM »
Last time the boys seemed to be 'brewing' a hairball I started giving them de-furrum treats again - result: no hairball ever materialised and they stopped doing the hairball cough. They can be given as a maintainence treat aswell as to fix a problem that's already there.  They're very palatable, I use them to poke tablets in and they get gobbled up :drool;

Oh, I'll need to try them - only one of my boys does hairballs but its horrible when its building up to one.  He's sick loads of times on days leading up to it.   :sick:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 12:06:15 PM »
I don't think they're exclusive to PAH, they do them in Jollyes too so I guess most pet shops would do them.

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »
ooooo now you mention it Bella did make a strange coughing sound twice last night. Probably related. They look like the same make as milky flakums. I guess you can only get them from PAH

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »
Last time the boys seemed to be 'brewing' a hairball I started giving them de-furrum treats again - result: no hairball ever materialised and they stopped doing the hairball cough. They can be given as a maintainence treat aswell as to fix a problem that's already there.  They're very palatable, I use them to poke tablets in and they get gobbled up :drool;

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »
I'm not to worried, they have been maniacs all day so they seem fine in themselves. Hairballs.............GREAT!!!  :tired:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »
It could be pre-hairball foam.  I've noticed the boys coats have got a lot thicker and Riley tried to cough up a hairball last night, he couldn't get it up (sounds rude  :-[) but instead bought up a foamy white patch.  Your girls are quite young though (5 months?) so not sure if cats that young get hairballs?

I'd keep a close eye on them and ring the vet if you're worried  :hug:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
Foam around the tray
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
I woke up this morning to find little patches of white foam around the litter tray. Anyone seem this before? is it sick?

Link to CatChat