Author Topic: Spacial displacia???  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Spacial displacia???
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 23:33:34 PM »
There is something called facial dysplacia? - I think it's something to do with cleft palates and other facial disfigurements. I'm sure it can't be cleft palate as a certain breeder told me she PTS kittens  with cleft palates as soon as they were born as they can't feed  :( -  she stopped the breeding line there & then  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 22:06:12 PM »
They didn't explain too much as I was just going to be transferring them but I got the impression it was to do with brain/mental development and their general spacial awareness. I'm sure that they will be well looked after at the NCC and find lovely homes who will cater for their needs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 21:43:55 PM »
Well. Spacial means space and Dsyplacia means abnormal growth of cells, organs or tissues or an abnormal growth arising from such development. What part of the anatomy on the cat is he referring to?
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Spacial displacia???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 21:38:58 PM »
Hi
Our CP branch took in 2 kittens yesterday and I transferred them to the NCC today for them to be rehomed once they've received vetinary treatment. They are being well cared for but the vet told me they have spacial displacia (excuse spelling!) and I just wondered what what meant in practical terms because although I got the gist of it, I have not come across it before. Does anyone else have any experience of dealing with cats with this condition?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat