Author Topic: please please help!i dont know whats wrong!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: please please help!i dont know whats wrong!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 20:30:39 PM »
get her vaccinated while you are there, won't you. Good on you for taking care of this wee mite!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 20:20:05 PM »
Good luck at the vet's and keep us posted.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 19:44:02 PM »
 :welcome:

Let us know how your vet visit goes, hopefully all is ok and she just needs to put on weight  ;D
While your there it would be a good time to ask about flea and worm treatments.

Oh and everyone here really reccommends pet insurance!

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 19:42:49 PM »
The first thing I thought when reading your post was that SHE might be a HE! Toms often disappear for the night, then come home shattered and just sleep. If this is the case, it could be solved by neutering. Neutered toms make very loving cats. How old is s/he?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline sanchezmeow

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 19:35:58 PM »
hi again.
thank you so much everyone who replied, you have helped me out soo much!
Sanchez has been awake now for about 2 hours and she seems ok! she has eaten a tiny bit of food and lots of water but has kept it down!
i have decided to take her to the vet as suggested, just to be sure and have her spayed if she is not already.
im pretty certain she was homeless as she was in ropey condition and starving when she came 2 weeks ago but i will do as suggested and ask around just in case!
thanks again to those who helped! hopefully no tears tonight! this is a reaaly great site and i will be having a good read as their seems to be lots of sound advice.
cheers everyone from
vicki and sanchez xxx

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 16:12:35 PM »
Welcome.

It may be worth a trip to the vet to get her registered and also wormed. She may have been hunting all night which is why she is not hungry. One stray I picked up vomited worms all over my kitchen floor :sick:

A vet can also check for a microchip incase she has an owner somewhere. This may be bad news for you , but there may be an owner out there pining for her - better check this now than find out a few months later, when you have bonded more with her, that she has been picked up by someone and returned to her rightful owner.

Have you tried putting up found posters? There is a lot of advice on here about what to do if you find a cat.

A vet will also be able to give you an idea of how old she is. If she is a young cat then you have to consider the possibility of if she has been spayed or not. Kittens may be cute but believe me they are hard work and can be expensive to raise and apart from that there are really too many cats to let her have a litter.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 15:23:47 PM »
Hi and welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of cat slaves!  We all love them so much that know exactly how you feel when you're worried about Sanchez not being well. I'd say take her to the vet if you can to get her checked over, especially if she was in a bad way until very recently. It may be something simple like a furball and the remedy for that is usually a foul looking paste stuff like Katalax that there are various, easy ways to get down her (the vet will tell you all sorts of porkies about how it 'doesn't taste bad and she'll eat it no problem' HA....but it's not that difficult). She may also need worming. (a single tablet).
Sanchez sounds like she's used to doing her own thing and going out when she wants to, so try not to worry if that's possible. At least now she knows she has you to come home to  ;D

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 13:57:43 PM »
It may be that she does just have a massice furball , she might be uncomfortable and therefore not wanting to eat!

I would definitley take her to the vet tho , if she was a stray she will need a check up and if she is going to be an outdoor girl she may need to have vacs. Also you need to check if she has been spayed - or it may not just be the one cat you end up with! If money is a problem there are organizations that can help with vets fees!

Good Luck!

Offline sanchezmeow

• Kitten
please please help!i dont know whats wrong!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 13:54:32 PM »
hi everyone!
my cat sanchez was a stray who kept coming to my door so 2 weeks ago i let her stay. she was in terrible shape, dry eyes and matted greasy hair.
2 wweks on and she looks great, very placid and great company! however, yesterday she was sick twice from trying to cough up a hair ball, seems constipated and stayed out all night which is strange as she usually never leaves the garden.
she came back about an hour ago (thank god) and refused her food and is now fast asleep!

ive never had a pet before but i already love her so much, i didnt know i could feel this way about an animal!!
the thing is, as i am very inexperienced, is this something i need to take her to the vet about? i read on a forum that if cats are sick they will often dissapear whilst they recover but im so worried that i dont want her to leave again in case she needs help.

if anyone could give me some advice or at least calm my nerves i would be so grateful, i stayed up all night in tears waiting for her! am i being over sensitive and worrying for nothing or should i start begging the bank for some cash for the vet?
thanks in advance!

Link to CatChat