Author Topic: Here we go round the Diarrhea merrygoround again!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Here we go round the Diarrhea merrygoround again!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 21:09:24 PM »
Could it be a coincidence and maybe stress from you starting your job?

Oh finally!!!! - I've only just been able to see any of the messages here on Purrs, since 1pm today!!!! even so, its taking several minutes for the pages to appear! Whether this will ever get posted I don't know!

Anyway, I suppose it could be to do with me starting the job, don't know, but this has happened 3 times now since Gwynnie was ill (actually she's been fine this time!).

Hope it is something and nothing Gillian - whatever it is is obviously spreading round them all, and unless you know which one has it first, you can't even isolate, can you?

Nope, it just seems to come on over a few days - then it lasts a few days, and now it seems ok in most of them again, apart from Jasper.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
Hope it is something and nothing Gillian - whatever it is is obviously spreading round them all, and unless you know which one has it first, you can't even isolate, can you?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 00:03:00 AM »
Could it be a coincidence and maybe stress from you starting your job?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Here we go round the Diarrhea merrygoround again!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 23:21:54 PM »
Remember some weeks ago (maybe a month) back, Gwynnie had the runs again (like when she got ill in November and tested positive for coronavirus anitbodies), couple of the others did too, and there was the bit of sneezing, and I thought it might be the coronavirus going round again? Well that seemed to clear up and since then all been fine, all with good appetites, proper firm poos, no sneezing, until the last few days.

Not all of them affected, (at the moment anyway!), several sneezing, 4 of them now gone down with exceptionally runny poos,  :sick: and several with picky appetites. Whatever this is it just seems to be going round and round. The last time it happened I had Lucy's poo tested - think its just a basic test for parasites and something else, can't remember what now, but anyway nothing untoward was found, and I tried all the usual things, no food for a day, then plain chicken, and a probiotioc (lacto B) - didnt make it any better - and then it just cleared up almost spontaneously, but now I'm back to standing guard at the litter trays with me spray bottle of bleach, and running after them wiping bums which is no fun with this lot.  :(

I don't really know where to go from here now - I can't take them all to the vet, suppose I could take the worst ones and run some tests on them - any ideas?

Link to CatChat